BREXIT - Is This Really Still Rumbling On? 😴

Comments

• morstar said:

Re Stevo =/<> David...

Do we not feel a less guarded alter ego may be possible?

I can't get past the bizarre reply to self the other day. I sometimes reply to my own posts but only to expand or clarify, not agree / disagree in the 3rd person.

I'm not convinced it is but I haven't ruled it out. Would bring new irony to the echo chamber retort if true.

Are you able to resurface the “bizarre reply”
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    Looks like fun :smile:

Meant to edit but ended up quoting myself as not paying attention earlier this week. I know of a couple of people who have/had multiple accounts - Mamba80 was quite amusing. But this is one for the intrigue thread...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    elbowloh said:

david37 said:

pblakeney said:

david37 said:

Stevo_666 said:

ddraver said:

Typical Boomer...

Is that directed at SG? :)
    I suspect it was David

I also suspect that most on here fall between the two stools so can perch on the fence abusing the bedwetting, red faced, hand wringing, virtue signalling racist snowflakes that are all around us
    Its good to see youve adop ted the bedwetting phrase. We might still make a man of you yet. I note also that acknowledging that the british conservative government has been far more successful than the eu has elicited responses dismissing firstly the the gb gov success with yeah but whataboutery and now in a predictable return to form the labelling of those that have different views as a racist.

Classic liberal socail media close down or move the conversation away techniques. V boring.

Sungod you should be capable of better too.
    I like the “still calling them bedwetters” but also “complaining about closing arguments down” effort.
    I liked the comment about whataboutery then comparing UK Gov. to the EU.
    the point was that comments about what the UK GOV has achieved. That is to say your Government that was voted in by your countrymen and women were dismissed with whataboutery. A direct comparisson between the relative success of the UK government and the EU in getting vaccine is not the same.

Though for the purposes of sticking to the boris, bad; brexit; bad; EU good narrative, I can see how ignoring facts might be useful.

You do not actually read the posts do you? No one, literally no one, on this thread has said the EU has done well regarding vaccines. On a similar note everyone has said the UK has done well on vaccines.

However, vaccines are just one element of combatting COVID and one element of being an effective government.

HA read what I wrote and then how you replied. it is you that hasnt / cant read.
  • david37
    Jezyboy said:

morstar said:

Isn’t the only question whether David = Steveo after the bizarre reply to self the other day.

Stevo's posts generally read like he's using a computer, David's read like he is using a phone.

yes mostly a phone which makes checking what ive written difficult, a combination of small screen, aging eyes and fat fingers.

• david37
    pblakeney said:

TBH I'm not sure that, err, some parties on here, while it might appeal to their sense of vanity as being able to pwn the libs and all that, have the nous to create and sustain an alter ego like that.

You saying he's not bright enough?
    Ouch!

only an ouch if it were true. it did illicit a snigger though
  • david37
    edited January 2021
    Looks like fun :smile:

Meant to edit but ended up quoting myself as not paying attention earlier this week. I know of a couple of people who have/had multiple accounts - Mamba80 was quite amusing. But this is one for the intrigue thread...
  • Meant to edit but ended up quoting myself as not paying attention earlier this week. I know of a couple of people who have/had multiple accounts - Mamba80 was quite amusing. But this is one for the intrigue thread..
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    Eagle eyed observers will spot that you both used one less full stop at the end of your posts than me. Sloppy work you two...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • david37
    edited January 2021
    hahahaha ive thrown them off my scent now
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Trump lost an election this way. I bet half of you are dead aswell....
  • david37

Trolls gonna troll.

isnt that what youre doing ?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,180
    david37 said:

Trolls gonna troll.

calling a troll a troll isn't trolling
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • david37
    sungod said:

david37 said:

Trolls gonna troll.

Having a different opinion isnt trolling. Labelling troll to silence that opinion is however.

• david37
    More importantly for you Pro EU anti Boris dim wits we're less than one month into our brexit deal and the EU has put a hard border into Ireland/ NI.

Now im sure that was one of their red lines. Seems the EU cant be trusted AT all.

No doubt this is Boris fault etc etc etc

Boom drops mike. AGAIN
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,607
    david37 said:

More importantly for you Pro EU anti Boris dim wits we're less than one month into our brexit deal and the EU has put a hard border into Ireland/ NI.

Now im sure that was one of their red lines. Seems the EU cant be trusted AT all.

Boom drops mike. AGAIN

Who is Mike? Is he alright?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • david37
    deflection
  • david37
    lets be honest the EU is failing bigly
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    pangolin said:

david37 said:

Boom drops mike. AGAIN

Who is Mike? Is he alright?
    Mike has Cardiovascular syncope. He is always collapsing. Poor Mike.
  • sungod
    david37 said:

sungod said:

david37 said:

Trolls gonna troll.

Having a different opinion isnt trolling. Labelling troll to silence that opinion is however.

calling people "remoaner" is trolling, it's also against the t&c of this site

you call people "remoaner"

you are a provably a troll

when you stop trolling, i'll stop calling you a troll

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    david37 said:

deflection

And it's a goal!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,607
    elbowloh said:

david37 said:

deflection

And it's a goal!
    :D
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • david37
    and still the EU is failing bigly and still the "remainers" (lets not upset the precious losers) look for things to avoid acknowledging the facts.

the EU about a month into our new relationship has unilaterally created a defacto hard border between Ireland and NI. the very thing they tantrumed about avoiding.

its not trolling to point this out. it is however an indication about the veracity or lack thereof of the EUs intentions and behaviour. They don't want a partnership they just want domination.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Spending your time on here trying to convert the unconvinced. You can’t have a lot else going on in your life to persist with this.
  • sungod
    edited January 2021
    david37 said:

and still the EU is failing bigly and still the "remainers" (lets not upset the precious losers) look for things to avoid acknowledging the facts.

the EU about a month into our new relationship has unilaterally created a defacto hard border between Ireland and NI. the very thing they tantrumed about avoiding.

its not trolling to point this out. it is however an indication about the veracity or lack thereof of the EUs intentions and behaviour. They don't want a partnership they just want domination.

"precious losers", i'd say that makes you a "precious troll"

if you stopped the pathetic abuse, perhaps others would listen to your point of view instead of mocking you
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,610
    There are 120 countries that are not subject to export control of vaccines from the EU. Unless, I'm missing something why can't vaccines be exported to country X and then on to the UK?
  • sungod
    edited January 2021

There are 120 countries that are not subject to export control of vaccines from the EU. Unless, I'm missing something why can't vaccines be exported to country X and then on to the UK?

may well be restrictions in supply contracts against resale

according to...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55860540

...it's c. 100 countries affected by the controls, including usa and uk, i'd guess it'll be the ones rich enough to have significant buying power

the ni bit is a separate, seems the right to do it is in the uk-eu treaty, both sides agreed to the provision, lessons: don't agree to terms you don't want enforced, don't complain when they are, and don't complain when the other side does it back to you

as i said elsewhere, the eu clearly messed up, the current political games help no one
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,701
    Some incoming furious backpedalling looks likely, at least on Article 16:

• john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965

Some incoming furious backpedalling looks likely, at least on Article 16:

Maybe they realise their moral high ground approach that worked so well for Brexit will only continue to work if you don't do stuff like article 16.