Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

BREXIT 2021- Leave Our Fish Alone Or Else 🇬🇧

1122612271229123112321752

Posts

  • Brexit Party Chairman says we won't leave on 31st October and Brexit will be postponed.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Longshot wrote:
    Brexit Party Chairman says we won't leave on 31st October and Brexit will be postponed.
    to be fair, Farage has been saying that for months
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Longshot wrote:
    Brexit Party Chairman says we won't leave on 31st October and Brexit will be postponed.
    to be fair, Farage has been saying that for months


    OK, I wouldn't know. I make a point of doing an 'all 3 wise monkeys at once' impression whenever he speaks.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • bompingtonbompington Posts: 7,674
    hopkinb wrote:
    For anyone who (like me) can't see that for content filtering at work, but (unlike me) isn't sad enough to get their phone out:
    Daily Mash wrote:
    BORIS Johnson has been beaten by the supreme court like a f**king gong at dinnertime, it has emerged.

    The supreme court has unaminously ruled that prorogation was illegal, that the prime minister lied to the Queen, and that parliament is back in session like a motherf**ker.

    Lady Hale, president of the supreme court, said: “We are bound to conclude that the prime minister’s advice to Her Majesty was not just bullsh*t but fresh, steaming bullsh*t of the most noxious sort.

    “In accordance with that decision, which places on the record that Boris Johnson is a lying sack of d*cks, parliament has not been legally prorogued, remains in session and is back, baby.

    “The Speaker of the Commons will take the necessary next steps to ensure the lawful meeting of the House as soon as possible, which should include the p*ssing on of the prime minister from a great a height as can be secured.

    “In summary, that f**ker lied to us, he lied to you and he lied to the highest authority in the land and we do not hesitate to recommend that he should be kicked in the b*llocks until he has no b*llocks remaining.

    “If any within the government have questions about our judgement they should stick it up their ars*holes sideways. Thank you.”
    :D
  • Longshot wrote:
    Longshot wrote:
    Brexit Party Chairman says we won't leave on 31st October and Brexit will be postponed.
    to be fair, Farage has been saying that for months


    OK, I wouldn't know. I make a point of doing an 'all 3 wise monkeys at once' impression whenever he speaks.

    a wise move on your part :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bompington wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    For anyone who (like me) can't see that for content filtering at work, but (unlike me) isn't sad enough to get their phone out:
    Daily Mash wrote:
    BORIS Johnson has been beaten by the supreme court like a f**king gong at dinnertime, it has emerged.

    The supreme court has unaminously ruled that prorogation was illegal, that the prime minister lied to the Queen, and that parliament is back in session like a motherf**ker.

    Lady Hale, president of the supreme court, said: “We are bound to conclude that the prime minister’s advice to Her Majesty was not just bullsh*t but fresh, steaming bullsh*t of the most noxious sort.

    “In accordance with that decision, which places on the record that Boris Johnson is a lying sack of d*cks, parliament has not been legally prorogued, remains in session and is back, baby.

    “The Speaker of the Commons will take the necessary next steps to ensure the lawful meeting of the House as soon as possible, which should include the p*ssing on of the prime minister from a great a height as can be secured.

    “In summary, that f**ker lied to us, he lied to you and he lied to the highest authority in the land and we do not hesitate to recommend that he should be kicked in the b*llocks until he has no b*llocks remaining.

    “If any within the government have questions about our judgement they should stick it up their ars*holes sideways. Thank you.”
    :D
    thanks for the legal interpretation for us lay-persons.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 55,894 Lives Here
    If you're an LD campaigner, you really hope someone in your party has a bunch of TV friendly bits of respectable and neutral people saying BoJo "lied to the queen" and acted "unlawfully".
  • bit late for this...

    EFOWyjWXYAAhzP1.jpg:large

    Translates as: f..f..f...f..sh...sh.. bugg3r
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,623
    Labour and LD will screw it up anyway, and Farage needs Johnson to get Brexit, so it'll make for some amusing soundbites but I imagine little else.

    Does it even make a difference to 31/10 no deal?
    the verdict is far more important than leave/remain, it confirms parliament's supremacy over a lying prime minister who wished to suppress it for his own political ends

    had the verdict gone the other way, it would've set precedent for all future governments to exploit

    instead it has reinforced the defences of our democracy, everyone should welcome that, whether leave, remain or undecided
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • If you're an LD campaigner, you really hope someone in your party has a bunch of TV friendly bits of respectable and neutral people saying BoJo "lied to the queen" and acted "unlawfully".

    Indeed. This is actually the time to step away from the Remainia podium and calmly, rationally explain that the Prime Minister just misled the Queen, Parliament and the people for his* own political ends. This goes way beyond Brexit arguments.

    *and others'
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 55,894 Lives Here
    Quite fun seeing the MPs who said prorogation had nothing to do with Brexit are now complaining that making it unlawful is an attempt to stop Brexit.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 15,791
    sungod wrote:
    Labour and LD will screw it up anyway, and Farage needs Johnson to get Brexit, so it'll make for some amusing soundbites but I imagine little else.

    Does it even make a difference to 31/10 no deal?
    the verdict is far more important than leave/remain, it confirms parliament's supremacy over a lying prime minister who wished to suppress it for his own political ends

    had the verdict gone the other way, it would've set precedent for all future governments to exploit

    instead it has reinforced the defences of our democracy, everyone should welcome that, whether leave, remain or undecided
    Can we all sarcastically thank BJ for achieving this?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Can we prevent BJ from re-entering the UK? He is a foriegn born migrant who breaks the law, send him back!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,623
    as thanks i propose hanging, drawing and quartering

    followed by a bus tour to display the enspiked remains, the liar likes buses, i believe there's even a spare bus that could be used
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • people wonder where democracy has gone? its just been reinforced spectacularly today.

    Unanimous. If only he'd given evidence about why they were taking the course of action they did things may have gone in his favour.

    Not if he'd told the truth.

    :) very true!

    that depends on what the truth is of course ...... as it is, he had the opportunity to make a statement and chose not to. He chose to put no evidence in support of his actions and relied only on an argument that the court wasn't in a position to judge.
    Ive really enjoyed the show.

    The trouble with that argument is that it's not worth debating whether it was really prorogued at that time, for that length, purely to allow a Queen's speech. If you say you think it might have been, you are not telling the truth.

    So maybe that's why they couldn't get anyone to say it under oath, because then I guess that would be illegal.

    I don't believe he did it purely for the queens speech, Im not sure anyone does.

    However had he given a reason for bypassing the normal checks and balances then he may have had a different outcome
  • people wonder where democracy has gone? its just been reinforced spectacularly today.

    Unanimous. If only he'd given evidence about why they were taking the course of action they did things may have gone in his favour.

    Not if he'd told the truth.

    :) very true!

    that depends on what the truth is of course ...... as it is, he had the opportunity to make a statement and chose not to. He chose to put no evidence in support of his actions and relied only on an argument that the court wasn't in a position to judge.
    Ive really enjoyed the show.

    The trouble with that argument is that it's not worth debating whether it was really prorogued at that time, for that length, purely to allow a Queen's speech. If you say you think it might have been, you are not telling the truth.

    So maybe that's why they couldn't get anyone to say it under oath, because then I guess that would be illegal.

    I don't believe he did it purely for the queens speech, Im not sure anyone does.

    However had he given a reason for bypassing the normal checks and balances then he may have had a different outcome

    There was reason why no-one provided evidence, because they would end up in jail!
    #hangemhigh
  • Lady Hale is the real deal.
  • chakrabati on the bbc saying the Labour Party has won.

    WTAF planet is she on?
  • TheBigBeanTheBigBean Posts: 13,150
    If you're an LD campaigner, you really hope someone in your party has a bunch of TV friendly bits of respectable and neutral people saying BoJo "lied to the queen" and acted "unlawfully".

    The court didn't say that, so it would be a lie to say that it did. Unlawful yes.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    If you're an LD campaigner, you really hope someone in your party has a bunch of TV friendly bits of respectable and neutral people saying BoJo "lied to the queen" and acted "unlawfully".

    The court didn't say that, so it would be a lie to say that it did. Unlawful yes.
    they upheld the Scottish Decision.
    So yes, they did.
  • Labour need to figure out a strategy to remove Boris before an election

    Tories need to figure out if they can really retain Boris as leader after this
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 45,977
    chakrabati on the bbc saying the Labour Party has won.

    WTAF planet is she on?
    Chakrabati was also trying to claim that Boris was setting a bad example to kids by not respecting the law. Maybe not the central issue?

    And Corbyn got so carried away by it all that he used the phrase 'Power to the people' :) The mask is slipping, Citizen Corbyn...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • This is amazing:

    https://www.civilservicejobs.service.go ... de=1649568

    Closing date: 7 Oct.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 20,137
    TheBigBean wrote:
    If you're an LD campaigner, you really hope someone in your party has a bunch of TV friendly bits of respectable and neutral people saying BoJo "lied to the queen" and acted "unlawfully".

    The court didn't say that, so it would be a lie to say that it did. Unlawful yes.
    they upheld the Scottish Decision.
    So yes, they did.

    He may well have told the Queen exactly why he was proroguing and she chose to stay out of it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 15,791
    This is amazing:

    https://www.civilservicejobs.service.go ... de=1649568

    Closing date: 7 Oct.
    It is listed as a "2" contract. Days, weeks, months, years?
    Should be weeks, but I'd bet on years.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 20,137
    This is amazing:

    https://www.civilservicejobs.service.go ... de=1649568

    Closing date: 7 Oct.

    As we all know, this is not going to be over any time soon.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,602
    Longshot wrote:
    Longshot wrote:
    Brexit Party Chairman says we won't leave on 31st October and Brexit will be postponed.
    to be fair, Farage has been saying that for months


    OK, I wouldn't know. I make a point of doing an 'all 3 wise monkeys at once' impression whenever he speaks.

    a wise move on your part :wink:

    Getting people's views second or third hand instead?
  • Johnson "the Supreme Court has said prorogation is not something they could approve of"
    Looks and sounds like a man in a deep hole using a shovel to get out.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Longshot wrote:
    Longshot wrote:
    Brexit Party Chairman says we won't leave on 31st October and Brexit will be postponed.
    to be fair, Farage has been saying that for months


    OK, I wouldn't know. I make a point of doing an 'all 3 wise monkeys at once' impression whenever he speaks.

    a wise move on your part :wink:

    Getting people's LIES second or third hand instead?

    fixed :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ProssPross Posts: 28,219
    To paraphrase 'I respect the decisions but the idiot judges are wrong'

    Corbyn also making himself look stupid by saying Boris needs to consider his position having passed on the opportunity to push for a vote of no confidence just a couple of weeks ago.
Sign In or Register to comment.