BREXIT - Is This Really Still Rumbling On? 😴

Comments

• john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Let's fill the UK with really dangerous wildlife and keep them hungry so they spend a lot of time in built up areas scraping a living. We can all start packing assault rifles. It will be like the US in not time.

On a serious note we have large tracks of land in the UK set aside as it is a hassle to farm and suites large land owners just find. Do naff all and pocket the cash.

• That was odd during the first lockdown when sheep ruled some streets.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    john80 said:

Let's fill the UK with really dangerous wildlife and keep them hungry so they spend a lot of time in built up areas scraping a living. We can all start packing assault rifles. It will be like the US in not time.

On a serious note we have large tracks of land in the UK set aside as it is a hassle to farm and suites large land owners just find. Do naff all and pocket the cash.

Huuuuge tracts of land
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    edited February 2021
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    check out the amount of money that UK Gov has spent on advertising last year, to me it looks like a huge bung to keep the media sweet.

Newspaper ad revenues have been in long term decline yet last year in the worse recession fo 200 years the Express group saw revenues increase. I would love to see how much came from a client signing checks Mr. B. Johnson.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    Nowhere else to put it but Sarkozy's gone to jail, oof.

Good on them for holding their ex-bosses accountable.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Well, he can serve the sentence at home with a tag.

Maybe some government ministers who gave lucrative COVID contracts to their mates could face jail?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    elbowloh said:

Maybe some government ministers who gave lucrative COVID contracts to their mates could face jail?
    lol when was the last time a Brit politician ended up with a meaningful sentence for corruption?
  • surrey_commuter

elbowloh said:

lol when was the last time a Brit politician ended up with a meaningful sentence for corruption?
    Jonathan Aitken?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,775

elbowloh said:

I'd suggest that it is about time to set the precedent before they get even more emboldened.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

Jonathan Aitken?
    On that note,there's a flyer on the notice board of the local church hall for a Jonathan Aitkin talk.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • john80

elbowloh said:

Geoffrey Archer. Although his lies got him done for perjury.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,550
    Did anyone from any political party go down, or even get charged, as a result of the "expenses scandal" (or fraud as it would have been called in any other circumstances)?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,665
    Pross said:

Did anyone from any political party go down, or even get charged, as a result of the "expenses scandal" (or fraud as it would have been called in any other circumstances)?

Yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal

A handful convicted and sentenced.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • surrey_commuter
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

Jonathan Aitken?
    On that note,there's a flyer on the notice board of the local church hall for a Jonathan Aitkin talk.
    worth checking to see if his daughters are standing by his side
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Some EU countries are breaking ranks re vaccines.
    Now Denmark is breaking ranks by saying to Syrian refugees that it is time to go home.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,253

Now Denmark is breaking ranks by saying to Syrian refugees that it is time to go home.

How can they do all these things when they're in the EU when we can only do things because we've left?
  • elbowloh
    The vaccine procurement plan was not mandatory, they agreed to sign up. It's just been very badly delivered or not delivered I should say
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • john80

The Danes are a modern liberal Western nation with a strong cultural identity. Syrian refugees will have to become Danish or the Danes will have little interest in them staying.
  • ballysmate
    elbowloh said:

The vaccine procurement plan was not mandatory, they agreed to sign up. It's just been very badly delivered or not delivered I should say

No not mandatory. But were countries not pressurised into throwing their lot in with the EU.
    The EC said joint procurement would simplify negotiation processes and give the EU the “merit of speed and efficiency” compared to running 27 individual procurements. 🙄.
    The EU saw it as a way to show everyone the benefit of acting as one in its march to its wet dream of a superstate.
    Not worked out as intended.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    . But were countries not pressurised into throwing their lot in with the EU.
    The EC said joint procurement would simplify negotiation processes and give the EU the “merit of speed and efficiency” compared to running 27 individual procurements. 🙄.
    The EU saw it as a way to show everyone the benefit of acting as one in its march to its wet dream of a superstate.
    You could have just stopped there.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    Is this the start of getting the EU off the hook for their fuck up? Saying to members, 'You didn't have to sign up, you only have yourselves to blame'.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    Why? Because you didn't want to hear the rest?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    Is this the start of getting the EU off the hook for their censored up? Saying to members, 'You didn't have to sign up, you only have yourselves to blame'.
    No it's the continued effort to get people to tell the truth.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    Because the rest was conjecture
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    Do you think it's conjecture that the EU vaccine rollout didn't work out as intended?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

No not mandatory
    Do you think it's conjecture that the EU vaccine rollout didn't work out as intended?
    No. I even said it in my post, they didn't deliver what the intended/promised.

The conjecture started with implying countries were pressured into joining. It's more likely they a) believed that combined purchasing power would be better or b) they were offered quid pro quos rather than pressure, but who knows, it's all conjecture. Bottom line is, the procurement programme was a failure, no one has denied that.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Remember the pigeon on the chessboard Elbow...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo_666
    ddraver said:

Remember the pigeon on the chessboard Elbow...

The EU pigeon on the Eurooean nations' vaccine rollout chessboard?