BREXIT - Is This Really Still Rumbling On? 😴

Comments

• john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    I will go with a prediction of Tories to win 345 seats.
  • More interestingly what outcome do we all want?

I am torn between a Tory majority of 70-80 or a hung Parliament with the Tories 10 short
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700

Prediciton:

Conservatives to win 339 seats.

I see you're going off the latest yougov prediction rather than your own polling.

How very bold of you.
  • rick_chasey

More interestingly what outcome do we all want?

I am torn between a Tory majority of 70-80 or a hung Parliament with the Tories 10 short

How close to the realms of possible does my outcome have to be?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,775
    Outcome we want, or outcome we expect?
    No outcome I want is possible so I will predict a tory majority of 5-10.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,665

On the basis that this would neutralise the headbangers and allow Johnson to actually negotiate something sensible rather than be forced into accepting whatever basic b**** Canada minus deal he is offered? It's an idea. If anyone has shown that they can be entirely unhindered by the stupid boll***s they said only 48hrs ago it's Johnson.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Conservatives 319
  • rjsterry said:

On the basis that this would neutralise the headbangers and allow Johnson to actually negotiate something sensible rather than be forced into accepting whatever basic b**** Canada minus deal he is offered? It's an idea. If anyone has shown that they can be entirely unhindered by the stupid boll***s they said only 48hrs ago it's Johnson.
    Exactly my thinking - worse case scenario is probably Tories with sub 20 majority
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,507

rjsterry said:

Exactly my thinking - worse case scenario is probably Tories with sub 20 majority
    Worst case scenario is either a Labour majority, or a Labour minority propped up by the SNP. Fortunately these are less likely scenarios but let's see...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,665
    Weirdest GE trivia so far: David Gauke has been endorsed by...

Rage Against the Machine.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Have we done the illegal last minute anti Corbyn posters yet?
  • rick_chasey
    rjsterry said:

Weirdest GE trivia so far: David Gauke has been endorsed by...

Rage Against the Machine.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,550

Prediciton:

Conservatives to win 339 seats.

I see you're going off the latest yougov prediction rather than your own polling.

How very bold of you.
    I assumed he had insider knowledge of what his Russian paymasters had decided the result would be.
  • Pross
    rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

Today i get the delightful choice of voting for who i want to and making no difference to the result whatsoever or vote for the least worst option and still make no difference to the vote.

last election where i live - winner had 62% of votes, 2nd had 27%, third had 5%!

I don't want 1st place to win!

gotta love our political system!

Big swings happen.
    Various reports of higher than usual turnout so who knows.
    My local polling station was by far the busiest I've seen it, that could just be that I caught the evening rush whereas I normally go on my way to work or late evening though. Wife said she'd never seen it so busy as well though.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019
    I'm going down the polling station with junior in a bit. Good that she is exercising her democratic rights.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Stevo_666 said:

I'm going down the polling station with junior in a bit. Good that she is exercising her democratic rights.

Making sure she doesn't embarrass the family and vote for leftie bollox? ;)

Saw a lot of younger voters earlier unless I'm just getting old and they were actually in their 30s!
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,926
    How about Corbyn and his Marxists to be anihilated, and Boris to lose his seat?!!!
  • Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Worst case scenario is either a Labour majority, or a Labour minority propped up by the SNP. Fortunately these are less likely scenarios but let's see...
    I would happily swap 5 years of JC/SNP for cancelling Brexit
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Hilarious.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • rick_chasey
    Pound movement (private polls coming in) suggest Tories have done alright.
  • mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Hilarious.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    Go on then, explain why 5 years of JC/SNP would be worse for the UK economy than a lifetime of Brexit.

But no you won’t do that because you are incapable of rational thought.

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    It could be dramatic night in NI.

Belfast North - DUP leader in Westminster Dodds fighting to keep his seat against Sinn Fein....too close to call

Belfast East - DUPs Emma Little-Pengelly looks set to lose to the SDLP s Claire Hanna.

Foyle. SDLP leader Colum Eastwood looking to regain the seat SF took for the 1st time in 2017. Too close to call

North Down. Independent Unionist Lady Sylvia Hermon retired. DUP came a close 2nd in 2017. They'll be pushed hard by the Alliance Party. Close but leaning to DUP.

It's been a vicious campaign.

It could have huge implications. Should the DUP lose North and South Belfast. Then 3 of 4 seats in Belfast will be held by Nationalists and Unionism will for the first time not hold a majority of the seats in NI.

Another round of talks to restart the assembly start on Monday.
    β€œNew York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

Making sure she doesn't embarrass the family and vote for leftie bollox? ;)

Saw a lot of younger voters earlier unless I'm just getting old and they were actually in their 30s!
    I know how she's voting. The right way, otherwise I wouldn't have offered to take her there and then she probably wouldn't have bothered :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Hilarious.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    Go on then, explain why 5 years of JC/SNP would be worse for the UK economy than a lifetime of Brexit.

I've worked out how much a Labour government would cost me and it's far worse than Brexit - which has actually benefitted me in some ways. Labour can FRO.

(That's assuming I did nothing to mitigate the tax hit, which I probably would).
  • mr_goo

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Hilarious.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Have you ever worked under a labour government? Or is this your first time voting in a general election?
    Most rational people with sound mind would rather leave the EU than see it completely wrecked yet again by a political that has no fiscal common sense and thinks borrowing Β£Bns and chucking money at it will solve the problem. 5 - 10 years down the line guess who get back into power? And what will they have to do? ...Austerity and cuts to services.

But I suppose you will counter with some high brow city bollox that I'm wrong and you're right.

FWIW I didn't vote as I bothered to see my candidates in action at a hustings. None of them, their party policies or their personal aspirations for my district inspired me to vote.

πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’š
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Pross
    edited December 2019
    mr_goo said:

Have you ever worked under a labour government?

I have from 1997 until 2010 and up until the worldwide financial crisis in the final year or two I was better off than at any time before or since.

I'm not sure you thought that comment through in your hyperbole.

At least you won't be complaining about the outcome as you didn't think it was worth voting so presumably you'll just accept the outcome of those that did.

• Stevo_666
    mr_goo said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Hilarious.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Have you ever worked under a labour government? Or is this your first time voting in a general election?
    Most rational people with sound mind would rather leave the EU than see it completely wrecked yet again by a political that has no fiscal common sense and thinks borrowing Β£Bns and chucking money at it will solve the problem. 5 - 10 years down the line guess who get back into power? And what will they have to do? ...Austerity and cuts to services.

But I suppose you will counter with some high brow city bollox that I'm wrong and you're right.

FWIW I didn't vote as I bothered to see my candidates in action at a hustings. None of them, their party policies or their personal aspirations for my district inspired me to vote.

πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’š
    Dont worry Goo, looking at the exit polls, the Corbyn threat is looking pretty remote. Let's hope that translates into the 86 overall majority forecast and leftie/centre leftie butt gets well and truly kicked.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,926
    Exit poll gives Labour a disaster, even worse than Michael Foot, and the Tories their best result since 87!
    Conservative majority of 86 forecast.

Bye bye Marxists!
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019

Exit poll gives Labour a disaster, even worse than Michael Foot, and the Tories their best result since 87!
    Conservative majority of 86 forecast.

Bye bye Marxists!

I'm not popping the champagne until tomorrow. But its looking good so far.

Leftietwats forecast to do worse than Michael Foot in 1983.
  • mr_goo
    Bye, bye IRA supporters. Bye, bye Morons.
    Hello brave new world.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™