Ryde Pulse Sprint, Very Tight?

TheHound
TheHound Posts: 284
edited April 2016 in Workshop
Anyone else had issues fitting tyres to these rims?

I'm trying to fit some Vittoria Open Corsa SC tyres and it was a struggle getting one side on, the other is pretty impossible.

Is it just me? The rim? The tyres?
Bianchi Intenso Athena
Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
Deda Superleggero seatpost

Comments

• TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Ok so it's the open corsa sc tyre that is the problem.

Another set of cheap hutchinson tyres go on fine.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I had hassles getting Veloflex tyres onto the Ryde rims, similar tyres.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    If you have the rear asymmetrical rim, fit the final side of the tyre from/over the narrower side of the rim. It's fine that way, but almost impossible from the other side... There should really be a warning label on the rim! :)
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    neeb wrote:
    If you have the rear asymmetrical rim, fit the final side of the tyre from/over the narrower side of the rim. It's fine that way, but almost impossible from the other side... There should really be a warning label on the rim! :)

I hope he got the tyre on in the end - the original post was a year ago! ;)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    g00se wrote:
    neeb wrote:

I hope he got the tyre on in the end - the original post was a year ago! ;)

Probably not if he was persevering with the Open Corsas........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Just got mine yesterday, hence the post search.. Spent an hour trying to get the rear tyre on before I thought to try it from the other side of the rim... Have some amazing blisters to prove it!

Seriously, I'd say that the front rim and the rear from the narrower side are only a little more difficult than average to fit tyres to, but on mine at least it was just ridiculous from the other side. Fine once you know that!