Thomas De Gendt: Stelvio Stage

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Thanks very much. Fantastic stuff. My favourite GT stage. I think he was the first person I wanted to be my man.
  • Captain Fagor
    Captain Fagor Posts: 739
    Yeah, thanks for posting, this DG. I couldn't believe the speed TdG rode that day. I rode the Stelvio in 2011, and watching the stage I think he rode it in half the time I did, only he had already done 3000m of climbing earlier in the day! I've been a big fan of his ever since.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    You're all most welcome! Glad you enjoyed. If I ever get the chance to say hello to him, I'm sure I mentioned about a milllion times he lives in the next village to us, I'll mention his cult following in amongst UK internet forum people!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ellerslierd
    ellerslierd Posts: 266
    A great read, thanks!
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Just stumbled on this, thanks for the translation, great read. Although I'm now feeling a bit more nervous about the GF Stelvio I've entered in a month's time. I shall be looking out for the small church, the rocks and dead cow, but mostly the top.