Why must things be so complicated?l

For the first time in my online life, I find that BikeRadar seems to insist on hosting an image somewhere on the web before it can be added to a post (in my case to an ad selling a bike). I have no desire to host anything somewhere else on the web, so why, in every other case I have ever come across, is it a simple matter of uploading an image from my computer, but not here on BR? Oh yes, I get it, only those heavily into IT are deemed worthy of posting on BR, so I guess that includes me out, as Sam Goldwyn once famously said. I guess I'm not worthy of selling a bike through BR, so obviously I will crawl off into an antediluvian hole somewhere and quietly despair.

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Try http://imgur.com very easy to upload a picture and it'll give you a link to post here
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    For the first time in my online life, I find that BikeRadar seems to insist on hosting an image somewhere on the web before it can be added to a post (in my case to an ad selling a bike). I have no desire to host anything somewhere else on the web, so why, in every other case I have ever come across, is it a simple matter of uploading an image from my computer, but not here on BR? Oh yes, I get it, only those heavily into IT are deemed worthy of posting on BR, so I guess that includes me out, as Sam Goldwyn once famously said. I guess I'm not worthy of selling a bike through BR, so obviously I will crawl off into an antediluvian hole somewhere and quietly despair.
    So what is wrong with using upload attachment?

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    But as you also seemed to have forgotten your old user ID on here I suppose it can be forgiven.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • I repeat, can anyone tell me of any other way of selling (eBay anyone) where you can't simply upload a picture?
    I have my own reasons for not wishing to have pictures stored elsewhere on the web, so why must I on this site but nowhere else?
  • nicklouse
    And as I said and have show you can.