Race radios

Ashbeck
Ashbeck Posts: 235
edited April 2015 in Pro race
Quick question, friend of mine popped round and caught me watching some highlights of various races and he pointed out he didn't realise they used race radios. So i gave him a brief run-down how it all worked and then he asked what radios do they use...i'll be honest, i didn't have a clue!

Anyone know? and also when one rider talks do they all hear the conversation in a team or just that rider? something i hadn't thought about in detail, just assumed they were basic walkie-talkies (which is what i told him)

cheers in advance

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Ashbeck wrote:
    also when one rider talks do they all hear the conversation in a team or just that rider?
    Not all riders have radios, sometimes it will only be certain nominated riders (guess it varies by team and race how they hand them out).

I know with at least some of the systems they all hear the conversation as I've heard teams complain before that they haven't been able to use the radios for much of a race after one of the riders left their unit on "talk" which meant the car couldn't talk to anyone.