FAO - Anyone interested in quick cars

2»

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I suppose fettling a 2.5 ton pick up is a bit pointless!

shinytruck.jpg

One of the most common that gets done really.
    I have a new trail coming Thursday, looks lovely in the brochures.
    Living MY dream.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,023
    Yep, like any owners forum users there are people who seek to extract every possible ounce of energy out of a diesel lump.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • VTech
    Yep, like any owners forum users there are people who seek to extract every possible ounce of energy out of a diesel lump.

Good luck to them, it won't be long before they are banned.
    I love diesel power myself but I do feel that within many cities in europe, diesels will be banned within our lifetimes.
    Living MY dream.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I got the 180hp Skoda octavia Vrs diesel recently. Hmmmm. Tempted to get that fettled.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Ported and polished the hemi head, increasing cubic capacity, I just changed the main jet to a lager one in the carb, now I'm up to 314cc, pushing 14hp :shock:

Still searching for the ECU :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I got the 180hp Skoda octavia Vrs diesel recently. Hmmmm. Tempted to get that fettled.

One of the biggest differences of all cars on the road, with the VW, Audi + Seat equivalents.

As for the hemi, I've not got much experience in those tbh although we have been working on a new hypercar project with GM.
    Living MY dream.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Car thread, not a bike thread Team47b

Romance with the 911, part of me would get the R8 instead just to be sensible, then spend the nights crying myself to sleep. Back to reality and the decision still lingers for a new Golf or the A6 estate. Looking at this stuff and Jon O's R6 tempts me into getting them played with
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    VTech wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

One of the biggest differences of all cars on the road, with the VW, Audi + Seat equivalents.
    Is software not the only difference between the various power outputs of the same size VAG diesel lumps? Never worked with them so that's only an assumption on my part.
    The only criticism I've heard of getting cars chipped (other than insurance issues) is that it can damage injectors by putting a heavier load on them. I'm not sure how other than just putting more fuel through.
  • VTech
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Is software not the only difference between the various power outputs of the same size VAG diesel lumps? Never worked with them so that's only an assumption on my part.
    The only criticism I've heard of getting cars chipped (other than insurance issues) is that it can damage injectors by putting a heavier load on them. I'm not sure how other than just putting more fuel through.

It depends who does the work I guess. I personally work directly with several insurance companies and am ISO rated and fully covered for the work we do. I work with main dealers and finance companies.
    Increasing injection rates can be bad and it isn't needed in many cases. The problem is, 99.5% of people who tune cars do not understand how it works and buy from others which is where the hassles arrive.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    VTech wrote:
    The problem is, 99.5% of people who tune cars do not understand how it works and buy from others which is where the hassles arrive.
    Not just those that tune cars. I know a lot of mechanics that I wouldn't trust to work on a bicycle.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Car thread, not a bike thread Team47b

Spoil sport :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike