Busyday pubday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
It's a bit hectic at work today, this is not so good. Going to the quack's later to see them about this cough. The wife has been nagging me to go and has now booked me an appointment. I'm hopning they will give me the all clear for the HOTN, but I doubt it. Pub later would normally put things into a far better light. Unfortunately I found out last night that one of our number has been struck down with the big C and it's quite advanced already. Unfortunately this means the selfish barsteward has probably put a dampener on things. So get yourselves checked out men of a certain age, this could save your mates from a gloomy evening's drinking.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Hello one and all,

Not a bad day up here, deadly silent in the office mind. Drafted the email returning my Hell of the North spot, just can't bring myself to wimp out, tempted to see what the physio and doctor say later (basically will it harm my ankle rather than nothing)

Off tomorrow, making it a 3 day week, organised to go the zoo on Sunday too, may regret that. No pub for me, feeling fat after lunch, maybe a light cardio session instead.

Avoiding the football, best thing to do these days right?

GL with the Docs V68 and enjoy those cold pints on this warm evening.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    So busy this is only the second reply. I'm only just on the train home now having left the main minion to carry on with year end stuff after we got the numbers far too late from the useless group accounts gimps. I did manage to bag a bargain at T M Lewins on the way hone though, they're knocking out shirts at a bargain price just as some if my old ones start to get a bit ropey. So 4 were purchased.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Quacks done, gave me anti-biotics to take for a week and see what that does. Fingers crossed they work. Bumped into the aforementioned mate whilst in the waiting room. He's going to the pub tonight so we'll find out more, although he doesn't know what's happening yet.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Had a day off today as we put some ashes into a grave so planned an afternoon ride.
    I've only gone and picked up the grandsons tummy bug so I didnt digest anything from lunch then rode 70km on empty.

Sick when I got home so feeling really crap now :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Had a day off today as we put some ashes into a grave so planned an afternoon ride.
    I've only gone and picked up the grandsons tummy bug so I didnt digest anything from lunch then rode 70km on empty.

Eat some yoghurt.

Just going to check on Blackburn's progress.

Back soon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Eat some yoghurt.

Just going to check on Blackburn's progress.

Back soon.

going ok at the moment :)

good day, it involved the pub which washed the taste of a meeting with people from Ricoh out of my system :wink:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    matthew h wrote:

good day, it involved the pub which washed the taste of a meeting with people from Ricoh out of my system :wink:

Jeez, the things you'll do to get a Customer to sign a contract... Lol
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:

Jeez, the things you'll do to get a Customer to sign a contract... Lol

:)
  • pinno
    Don't Ricoh make/supply printers?

I think matth wants to create a 3D printout of himself and leave it at his desk so he can spend more time at the pub.
  • Stevo_666

I think matth wants to create a 3D printout of himself and leave it at his desk so he can spend more time at the pub.
    There's only one way he can possibly do so much drinking and bike riding...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There's only one way he can possibly do so much drinking and bike riding...

Not cycling enough at the moment :(
  • pinno
    Why don't you do a 3D print of a fully functional Brewery inside a velodrome?
  • tlw1

The brewery by me has a large car park......
  • Stevo_666
    Wonder if you can do 3D prints of good looking women as well? Seano might be interested.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Wonder if you can do 3D prints of good looking women as well? Seano might be interested.

If he can't alter the pressure with his track pump, I doubt it.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What pressure would he be after pina?

Well who would have expected Liverpool to win eh.

Matt, Ricoh is good stuff, it allows me to argue for modern methods, such as the use of iPads rather than printing and copying everything
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Picking up my gorgeous girl from Gatwick today, it's going to be a good evening :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Picking up my gorgeous girl from Gatwick today, it's going to be a good evening :D

Happiness is an empty sac. :lol: