I say Cappuccino you say Cuppaccino?

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    I loved wlaking in the shop
    You may want to clarify exactly what you did in that shop :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Maybe that is why I was barred :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Maybe that is why I was barred :roll:
    I will never order a coffee with cream in Cirencester...

Anyhow, when I was in Italy last year I had some expresso, think I'd be better off preserving my garden fence with it. Give me a latte or plain old white coffee any day - in a bucket sized container. I await a knock on the door from the coffee gestapo...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Most espresso is terrible, especially in Italian restaurants and the big coffee chains. The irritating thing is that the kind of £2.50 espresso you get at those trendy east London 'artisan' coffee bars, served by a hipster barista with a face full of piercings, is quite often a bloody good drink that fully justifies the price...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    And what's more, when did every Tom, Dick and Harriett who works in a cafe become a "barista"?

You work in a cafe. Please can I have some toast.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    I thought it was just a fancy name for a lawyer.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    The place to go was (is?) a Cafe cum bakery with a continental flavour was in the middle of Cirencester right next to Sketchley's. They filled the front window with the most beautiful pastries. I loved wlaking in the shop and just breathing in the aroma of coffee and freshly baked produce.

perhaps the Italian's on the forum would like to comment upon "gentlemen" visiting the back room of the dry cleaners?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    florerider wrote:
    The place to go was (is?) a Cafe cum bakery with a continental flavour was in the middle of Cirencester right next to Sketchley's. They filled the front window with the most beautiful pastries. I loved wlaking in the shop and just breathing in the aroma of coffee and freshly baked produce.

perhaps the Italian's on the forum would like to comment upon "gentlemen" visiting the back room of the dry cleaners?

Not much comment so far...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    florerider wrote:

Not much comment so far...
    If there's a place that does good coffee and pastine why would you leave there to go to a dry cleaners? The wife should be dealing with the laundry. Unless this is some strange thing people out west get up to.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Horlicks for us old farts. :wink: