FAO V68 - gig alert

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Every era has good music.

It usually pays to ignore anything that was near the top of the charts though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Ramones/Clash/Pistols tribute night now booked.
    Field report: Top night out especially for the money, although they were three of my favourite bands anyway. Ramones and Pistols tributes were very good. 'The Clashed' were ace, not far off the real thing and belting out their best hits in true style 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    This is possibly the largest amount of advance notice I have seen for a gig in quite a while, but it will at least give even the most hen pecked amongst us time to organise a leave out if anyone is interested...

The Undertones - Kentish Town Forum, Saturday 26th November 2016 8)

Tickets now on sale :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Bloody hell! That's ridiculous, we could all be dead by then. Sounds good though, but if he does any of the solo sh!t he did later we might have to kill him.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Bloody hell! That's ridiculous, we could all be dead by then. Sounds good though, but if he does any of the solo sh!t he did later we might have to kill him.
    Listen to your father.
    I've got news for you.
    It's all over now. You little thief.
    Now that I've got that out of my system, I've a good heart.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Yep good point. If he tries that it might be a case of 'a good axe these days is hard to find'.

Will be seeing Ron this week, we may book up anyway and will send you the link.
  • veronese68
    Another gig in November just caught my eye. The Specials are playing the Troxy and the Roundhouse. Looked at the Roundhouse and the Buzzcocks are playing in October. Might have to take the boy along, then he can drive me there.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Another gig in November just caught my eye. The Specials are playing the Troxy and the Roundhouse. Looked at the Roundhouse and the Buzzcocks are playing in October. Might have to take the boy along, then he can drive me there.
    Buzzcocks - good call.

I'm seeing Ron on Thursday amd will mention that. Also need to decide if we want to see the Undertones in November (no Feargal Sharkey though)
  • Stevo_666
    Forgot to ask - what's the date of the Buzzcocks gig?
  • veronese68
    21st October. The specials are playing in November and seeing that led me to this.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    21st October. The specials are playing in November and seeing that led me to this.
    Ta, may want to get that booked myself.
  • Stevo_666
    My mate has already booked to see The Buzzcocks up in Cambridge the following Thursday so will probably book that.

Now doing some research on a Sham 69 gig...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    16th December, Kentish Town Forum. Long way off but it is the original 1977 line up 8)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    16th December, Kentish Town Forum. Long way off but it is the original 1977 line up 8)
    That sounds good.
    Not going to do Buzzcocks in Cambridge. May still go for Roundhouse with the boy and a mate.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I'm on the mailing list for the Sunflower Jam 2016 at Royal Albert Hall. This biannual event seems to have passed me by and saw some of the footage on YouTube. Looks excellent. Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Bruce Dickenson, Brian May, Mark King, Joe Bonamassa, to name but a few.
    However I have since discovered that the standard ticket could be in the range of £250 !!!!

Bl***y hell, but when did gigs become holiday prices?

I remember when I were a lad that I could save up a couple of weeks pocket money and get to see Motorhead, Scorpions, UFO, Thin Lizzy etc etc. Even went to a couple of gigs at the Bournemouth Town Hall for £3.

Like house prices, gig prices seem to have unhitched from the average salary.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That sounds good.
    Not going to do Buzzcocks in Cambridge. May still go for Roundhouse with the boy and a mate.
    Didn't think that would suit. TBH I sort of owe Ron a favour as he comes down to town from Huntingdon for a lot of these gigs.

@Goo - big bands = big prices. The sort of stuff we go to see costs around £25. Last year we got John Cooper Clarke, Hazel O'Connor and Hugh Cornwell in one gig.
  • Stevo_666
    Buzzcocks booked for Cambridge 27th Oct.

We're lookimg at a couple of cheapo tribute nights on Fri 23rd September - Clash and the Stranglers: or Sat 24th September - Pistols, Banshees and the Damned. Both at the 100 club. Decisions, decisions...
  • veronese68
    Clash and Stranglers would get my vote.
  • Stevo_666
    Just been scuppered by the EPO pointing out that its Stropteens birthday weekend :evil:
  • veronese68
    Oh yeah, it's the boy's 18th on the 24th. Plenty of time to forget again.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh yeah, it's the boy's 18th on the 24th. Plenty of time to forget again.
    Actually I remember you mentioned this a while back - they are 3 years apart to the day.

Rule number 1 of gig planning: no gigs in the last weekend of September...
  • veronese68
    Aren't we great parents, forgetting the kids birthday because planning gigs and booze is more important. :oops:
    Mind you, I could take the boy and claim it's a right of passage and part of his birthday present.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Aren't we great parents, forgetting the kids birthday because planning gigs and booze is more important. :oops:
    Mind you, I could take the boy and claim it's a right of passage and part of his birthday present.
    At least you have a chance of making that happen...like you saw from ST's choice of music my chances are zero :(

Am still looking to book Undertones and/or Buzzcocks for the dates mentioned earlier in the thread though.
  • Stevo_666
    SLF (again) at the O2 Kentish Town - Fri 10th March...plenty notice for leave outs.
  • veronese68
    I'm game, might even take the lad.
  • Stevo_666
    Nice one, will let you know if/when we book.
  • Stevo_666
    Here's a quick clip from Thursday evening for you Mr. 68:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154502183392420&id=591607419
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Molly Hatchet at The Brooke in Southampton on 16th Nov.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Flogging Molly on Thursday were good - especially as they were a real punt for me having only listened to a couple of random tracks on youtube before seeing them. Very Oirish - Seano might have liked them if he was invited :wink: We also found a top boozer near Kentish Town Forum that serves a dozen different ciders - the weakest one was 5.5%.

We're on the look out for another 100 Club tribute gig now - Clash / Pistols / Ramones if anyone is interested.

Also looking at going to see The Wurzels in December as a comedy wild card and an excuse to drink cider :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We're on the look out for another 100 Club tribute gig now - Clash / Pistols / Ramones if anyone is interested.
    Sounds good to me.
    Wessex Pistols playing a local pub in a fortnight, supposed to be a laugh.