Planet x

Spatulala
Spatulala Posts: 291
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Got an email from Px promoting their Spring sale. I always liked the look of the 'endurance' carbon RT-58, but at £800 with Ultegra (except chainset brakes and chain) is this a deal too good to miss out on?

Comments

• Mate wants a bike for his Mrs. Small would seem to fit her. It looks brilliant, to me. No corner cutting on the chainset or breaks either. Wheels are solid enough. So, if anyone has any experience of frame that would be great.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Had my RT-58 18 months now and have been really happy with it.Relaxed Geometry,really comfortable.I paid £1399 and have no regrets.
    I am replacing it with a Canyon Ultimate CF SL,well not replacing as the RT will be my winter bike :)
    I'm 5'6.5" and ride a Small with an 80mm stem and it fits like a glove.Some Carbon Planet-X frames(N2A etc) have a reputation for being a harsh ride but the RT feels fine to me...but it's my first Carbon bike.
  • Thanks both, have pulled the trigger. This'll be my 2nd bike, my 1st trusty steed is now 6 yrs old (a Trek Pilot 2.1). So my 2nd bike has cost £200 less than the 1st one, which means my 3rd bike will most likely be a Tesco BSO.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I'm tempted to get the pro carbon frameset for £299, seems pretty good for the money, either that or the viner one which is the same frame just a different paint job from what I can work out! just need to decide if i want blue or yellow/red!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Looks like sick value for money. Even the frameset only is now a decent price too.

However, I don't particularly like the aesthetics of the frame.
  • I have my pro carbon, I really like it, great service from PlanetX, great communications, and the bike is great to ride too, enjoy your new bike :)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    What do people think of this paint job?

FSVIGLA_P1.jpg
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes