Fulcrum Racing 55 LG Wheels

neil2080
neil2080 Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Has anybody got these wheels? My wife is looking at buying a new carbon road bike and is considering a Cube Axial WLS GTC SL, which comes with these Fulcrum Racing 55 LG Wheels. I've tried to search online for reviews or even just to see how expensive they are to buy separately but I can't find any information on them. Are they a new model or are they simply Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels with an updated name?

I'm assuming they are not just Racing 5s as the jump up in price for this bike over the lower spec version (Axial WLS Pro) is £400 and the only other differences other than the wheels that I can see are the chainset and brakes, which drop to 105 from ultegra.

If they are simply Racing 5s I was thinking it may be better value for money to buy the Pro and spend the spare £400 on new wheels, Mavic Ksyrium Elites maybe, or just even Fulcrum Racing 3s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Simply an OEM version of the 5.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • They're the new wider profile 23mm external versions. Prices around 180 - 200 ish
  • sextoke1
    sextoke1 Posts: 133
    They're the new wider profile 23mm external versions. Prices around 180 - 200 ish
    I got these wheelset in 2015 to use as my winter kit. Up to now after two seasons, I have put 3,500km on them. I have resently replaced the front bearings. I have noticed that I am nearly down to the maximum wear rate on both wheels. My last bike (2010 to 2015, Cube streamer) had Fulcrum 7 on them. I must have put up over 9,000 km on them. These Fulcrum 55's seem t obe more fragile.