Gravity Project Round 1 - Liphook

TwellyTwelly Posts: 1,437
Anyone riding? Anyone ridden the track before? Will I survive on a 140mm travel trail bike? I might check it out if the weather isn't too horrendous, would be my first DH race.

• I racing, not ridden the track but been there and seen it. Its Not to hard some cool steep loamy bits but no big features. Its a loamy top soil and sandy underneath so drain quite well.

Should be a good race, its also rd1 of the Bird Hardail Super Series which I am part of organising. Maybe see you Sunday :)
  • TwellyTwelly Posts: 1,437
    As steep or steeper than the enduro bits at QE? The new bit is a proper brown trouser experience!
  • TwellySmat wrote:
    As steep or steeper than the enduro bits at QE? The new bit is a proper brown trouser experience!
    Think stage one of last years day and night enduro but different soil type of course.
    Ok well I managed to get round the enduro in one piece so should be ok on Sunday..
  • :) :D
    Few pictures from today.

I ended up working a long day yesterday so decided to have a lie in this morning rather than sign on to race. Got up to Liphook in time to watch the race runs. Some very quick guys riding, incuding Brendan Fairclough (who I heard stacked it big time on the first corner!).

The first picture isn't mine, nicked it from BigMacPhotography but it does help show how loose and squidgy the track was.

Facebook-20150301-073206_zpsbo9slwz7.jpg
    P1080999_zpsrcltac81.jpg
    P1080998_zpsjgz19suh.jpg
    P1080994_zpsrwero2s4.jpg
    P1080977_zpsrm5shy6r.jpg
    P1080974_zpsgcg4yobf.jpg
    P1080966_zpseidfozq2.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OSujAT ... e=youtu.be

Bit of footage, mostly from the carnage corner, but whenever I was pointing the camera everyone managed to stay on two wheels.
  • scottfitzscottfitz Posts: 283
    I had a great time, plus only 1 OTB :)
    Probably less than most, never seen so many faceplants