Specialized Allez Compact 2012

KoenM
KoenM Posts: 95
edited February 2015 in Your road bikes
My Specialized Allez 2012, bought because of the review from Bikeradar, but to be honest if i had known i would ride so much i would have bought a better bike back than.
And next month i will buy a Rose Xeon RS-3000 or RS-3100.
The shimano 2300 groupset is just not good enough anymore and i can't buy the cassettes i want. Also it isn't really comfortable and in Belgium, because of the bad roads, i need more comfort!

qVhUb5F.jpg
032JYmG.jpg
cQynYno.jpg
I'm the guy on the left.

Frame: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum
Forks: Specialized FACT carbon

Front Caliper: Tektro
Rear Caliper: Tektro

Shifters: Shimano 2300
Front Mech: Shimano 2300
Rear Mech: Shimano 2300

Seat: Body Geometry Riva Road

Cranks: Shimano 2300
Chainring(s): 50/34
Chain: Shimano hg70 (replaced)
Cassette: Shimano Sora HG50 13-26 (Replaced)
Pedals: Shimano PD m520

Wheelset: Upgrade/replaced: Shimano R500, the Alex S480 hub from the rear wheel broke.
Tires; Front: Michelin Krylion Carbon 23mm (4.184,8km and no flats yet) Back: Continental Grand Prix 4 Season (6.700,2km 1 flat)

Accessories:
Bryton Rider 50, awesome gps for the price.
Bottlecages: Cordo Ride Black, BBB Fueltank
BBB sadle bag, in need of replacement.
Assaver, really does what it's named for!
Garmin Speedsensor.
Bryton Cadence sensor.
Lezyne Rap 15 multitool
Lezyne Road Drive Medium
Lezyne Femto Drive lights, yeah i like Lezyne stuff! xD

Weight: weighted it a long time ago and as far as i remember it's around 10,5kg.

If i have my Rose this bike will only be used in the winter or when it's really raining hard. Hopefully though i have my Rose before the end of may as our bikeclub goes to the Vosges and i really don't wanne use this bike their anymore the brakes aren't good enough and the 13-26 cassette was to hard sometimes.

Comments

• The first bike I had on the Cycle-to-work scheme some years ago now was pretty much the same spec, Shim 2300 (which is Claris now as far as I can tell) and Tektro calipers. Both were what can only be described as 'functional' - but I'll say this, that bike (Giant Defy 4) made me fall in love with cycling all over again, the first time since being a kid, so it was probably the best bike I've had (although it wasn't, if you see what I mean). This type of bike has it's place - a 'first' bike if that's not too much an overused term.

I hope the new Rose takes your cycling to a new level, and don't forget to give us all a good look once it's in place.
  • KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    We don't have such a "Cycle-to-work scheme", so I bought the cheapest roadbike at a cyclingshop close to my home. And i've ridden more than 8500km on it, so it works and keeps working (except for the backwheel).
    It made me start cycling (i'm already in love of cycling since i know, we watched it on tv since forever, my dad is a huge fan). But i think i would have ridden more on a bike that i liked more and would've suit me better.
    I do think that for the same money u can get a better bike now. Claris is so much better (btw the name on all the parts says 2400, so yeah it's the new 2300), the shifters work better, u have more options for cassettes and the group has brakes now to. But i probably would advice Tiagra/Veloce/Apex since it's so much better for such a small price difference.