BIANCHI - advice, recommendation, reviews

uuu ri
uuu ri Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello,

It's been a long time I have been thinking to buy a Bianchi. My options at the moment are: steel or aluminium.

- For steel I'm thinking for a Genius or Brain Columbus tubing.
- For aluminium there are quite different options, maybe Dedaccacia 7005 or XL Ev2 Reparto Corse etc.

Would like to have some reviews and/or opinions to start looking, steel never goes wrong but looks it's gonna be hard to find a celeste Bianchi on size 50/52. Aluminium options are more easy to find but I've heard few stories about frames cracking around the BB or the headset.

Any story, review and opinion would be more than welcome. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Spudboy
    Spudboy Posts: 101
    I had a Freccia Celeste (2006) model from new; wonderful frame, triple-butted hydroformed alu frame, stunning to look at but the down tube cracked in 2013. I replaced it under insurance but having had that experience I would be hesitant to purchase an older Bianchi aluminum frame. I'd go with steel.

I've now got a Sempre Pro frame, which of course is carbon, but is sublime.
  • Had an alloy Via Nirone and was easily the bike I loved most.
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    Had an alloy Via Nirone and was easily the bike I loved most.

I still have mine, was the first road bike i bought, has changed a bit since i got it, frame is still the same but everything else has been upgraded, was out on it at the weekend and still enjoy the way it rides.
    D
  • :)

Mine was given to the wife and she is making her sportive debut on it this weekend