edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
What would be the equivalent size in the colnago c60 to a bianchi 53cm

Comments

• ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    Which Bianchi?
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    If your dropping C60 money on a bike don't go off of a message board advising which size would most suit you. Get yourself sat on the thing and give it a test ride.
  • No disrespect but I do not get this 'have a test ride first' suggestion. It’s flawed for a couple of reasons:

Is there a Colnago dealer near you with a selection of sizes in stock? Probably not – and many Colnago dealers just stock frames.
    Assuming they do have a few sizes will they be set up with the right equipment for the rider’s fit e.g. stem length, correct pedals, saddle, bars (reach/drop/width) seat post height and set back.

It’s a lot easier to get a bike fit and work from there (this is assuming OP that you haven’t already had one). You can say to the fitter that you’re thinking of buying a C60.
  • gazeds
    gazeds Posts: 182
    ivanoile wrote:
    Which Bianchi?
    Oltre xr2
  • dinyull
    If you can afford to drop 3.5k on a frameset I'm sure travelling to a shop/dealer who stocks frame and sizes wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I take your point re- bike fit. But even then, without haven ridden it you could be in for a big surprise/disappointment.
  • Dinyull wrote:
    If you can afford to drop 3.5k on a frameset I'm sure travelling to a shop/dealer who stocks frame and sizes wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I take your point re- bike fit. But even then, without haven ridden it you could be in for a big surprise/disappointment.

You won't be dissapointed wiith a C60 :-)
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I would have thought comparing the geometry charts of the two bikes would do the trick
  • dinyull
    Sadly I can only dream haha.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Dinyull wrote:

You won't be dissapointed wiith a C60 :-)

^ this.

Plus anyone selling you a C60 will do an extensive bike fit to determine what frame you should starting with.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Talk to Mike Perry at Maestro - been selling Colnagos for way longer than anyone else.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    edited February 2015
    This guy just wanted to know which size of Colnago is equal to Bianchi's 53cm,not the whole story is C60 good...

Try to google C60 geometry and compare to XR2 which can be find easily.(just type C60 geometry...)
  • 48s
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Oltre XR2
    Bianchi-OltreXR2-Geom.jpg

C60
    c60geom1.jpg

Going by stack and reach a 48s looks likely...
    Stack 528mm Reach 384mm

As against the 53cm Oltre XR2...
    Stack 529mm Reach 383mm

Anyway, there's all the measurements so you can check out everything on there. Cos it looks like you could probably make a 50s work too. Are you slammed on the Bianchi? What's the headset top cap height and how many spacers are you running? Also what length Stem do you have? Layback post (and how much) or inline? ...and where is the saddle on the rails?

(Also, this is assuming you want a sloping not a traditional? Or, are you open to a traditional too?)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited February 2015
    You can always post a photo of your XR2 side on, that might make things apparent straight away. Plus, this assumes that you fit on that bike bang on and want to replicate the exact fit you have on that bike?
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Why cant you get something like a Retull fit using the colnago C60 geometry to set up the test rig?