Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Mallorca Challenge *spoilers*

No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 11,321
edited February 2015 in Pro race
Day two saw [EDIT]My Man[/EDIT]Stephen Cummings take the win for Qhubeka :D

Even better than that, he beat Valverde to do it :D:D:D
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!

Posts

  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,723
    A4N9BELRdduoM.gif
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 25,889
    1. Cummings
    2. Valverde st.
    3. Formolo +6s
    4. Mollema
    5. Konig
    6. Inxuausti +13
    7. Siutsou +15
    8. Visconti
    9. Boswell
    10. Wellens
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hommelbierhommelbier Posts: 1,540
    Video of Trofeo Andratx 2015 - 20 mins with Spanish commentary

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xWR4ry7iY#t=15
  • ocdupalaisocdupalais Posts: 4,013
    hommelbier wrote:
    Video of Trofeo Andratx 2015 - 20 mins with Spanish commentary

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xWR4ry7iY#t=15

    Bloody great. Attacking from an already fierce pace - then out Valverde-ing Valverde...

    Valverde threatens his revenge - and with a swish of his cape, flash of lightening and plume of smoke, is whisked away by his chariot pulled by red-eyed Hell hounds...
  • joelsimjoelsim Posts: 7,552
    Valverde and Kudos 45s up with 42km to go. Earlier there was a break of 26 riders, just 2 left.
  • joelsimjoelsim Posts: 7,552
    Terpstra and Paterski only 16s behind Piti.
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 17,384
    ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily · 21m21 minutes ago
    View translation
    #ChallengeMallorca2015: 1. Valverde, 2. Wellens, 3. König, 4. Rojas, 5. de Maar, 6. Visconti, 7. Bole, 8. Benoot, 9. Schleck, 10. Kudus.
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • frenchfighterfrenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ah hem.

    My man Formolo 3rd in day 2. Great job Cummings.

    My man Valverde, SOLOS FOR MILES AND MILES FOR THE WIN. Valverde haters, put that in the bag of numerous long range attempts from Valverde. Winner from start of the season to the end, as always.

    Team Sky lucky they have new guy Konig to show face for them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighterfrenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Rory Sutherland has distal left collarbone fracture after a crash during the Trofeo Serra de Tramuntana on Saturday, his team has confirmed. Sutherland crashed after only 17 kilometres into the third race of the Mallorca Challenge on the descent of the Coll d'En Claret. He and was forced to abandon immediately and was taken to hospital by ambulance where the break was confirmed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 17,384
    Team Sky lucky they have new guy Konig to show face for them.
    +new guy Viviani
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • ocdupalaisocdupalais Posts: 4,013
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Valverde threatens his revenge ...

    Great racer...
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 25,889
    10. Kudus.
    My man Kudus.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667

    Team Sky lucky they have new guy Konig to show face for them.

    As well as Kosta and Boswell 15 seconds behind him, 3 in the top ten. :roll: Idiot
  • frenchfighterfrenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited February 2015
    There is almost a 2min gap between Valverde and Wellens.
    RichN95 wrote:
    10. Kudus.
    My man Kudus.

    Nice. And just noticed Schleck is there. Formolo was 3 secs behind Kudus in 11th.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • So Valverde was in a large breakaway then attacked at 60 KM OUT. Herrada went with him and KUDUS who only got dropped on the descent before the final climb. He must have lost quite a packet on the final climb to go from 2nd to 10th yet he still did win most combatative.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Team Sky lucky they have new guy Konig to show face for them.
    +new guy Viviani

    On stage 2? Am talking about the last stage. 2nd placed Sky rider is Deignan at 18mins back.

    That being said, Konig may have missed the original break at 40km into the race so Sky may have been chasing the whole time and are therefore toasted. If thats the case they did a great job chasing victorious Valverde as Konig was able to place.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbierhommelbier Posts: 1,540
    Highlights of day 3 - Trofeo Serra Tramuntana

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5wQc5r_nj0
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 25,889
    Fourth and final day.

    1. Pelucchi
    2. Greipel
    3. Swift
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Shed some light on the stage FF is moaning about Sky not doing well in:

    Only 46 riders of 176 starters finished the stage, and only 12 of those were within five minutes of Valverde.
    The opening 100km of the hilly route (there were seven categorised climbs including Puig Major, the biggest on the island) were run at such pace that some riders reported riding too hard to be able to eat.

    Most dropped out well before the finish, and a good number crashed on the Mallorcan mountain roads that are notoriously greasy in the cool, damp conditions. Rory Sutherland (Movistar) came off worst, fracturing his collarbone.

    The organisers even chose, bizarrely, to put the finish line 100m after a speed bump. When he rounded the final bend, Valverde raised his hands in celebration, quickly put them down to hold his bars over the bump, and then raised them again.

    He wasn’t the first to reach the finish however; several small grupettos ended up taking a shortcut through the hills to the team buses waiting at the line in the small town of Deia. For them the race had turned into a training ride with timing chips and race numbers.

    Other riders ended up in the broom wagon, the small chartered coach barely having a seat spare when it reached the finish.


    Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... m74RrUW.99
  • inseineinseine Posts: 5,785
    sjmclean wrote:
    Shed some light on the stage FF is moaning about Sky not doing well in:

    Only 46 riders of 176 starters finished the stage, and only 12 of those were within five minutes of Valverde.
    The opening 100km of the hilly route (there were seven categorised climbs including Puig Major, the biggest on the island) were run at such pace that some riders reported riding too hard to be able to eat.

    Most dropped out well before the finish, and a good number crashed on the Mallorcan mountain roads that are notoriously greasy in the cool, damp conditions. Rory Sutherland (Movistar) came off worst, fracturing his collarbone.

    The organisers even chose, bizarrely, to put the finish line 100m after a speed bump. When he rounded the final bend, Valverde raised his hands in celebration, quickly put them down to hold his bars over the bump, and then raised them again.

    He wasn’t the first to reach the finish however; several small grupettos ended up taking a shortcut through the hills to the team buses waiting at the line in the small town of Deia. For them the race had turned into a training ride with timing chips and race numbers.

    Other riders ended up in the broom wagon, the small chartered coach barely having a seat spare when it reached the finish.


    Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... m74RrUW.99

    The finish was more like 5m after the speed bump. Luckily the riders arrived one by one.
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 17,384
    RichN95 wrote:
    Fourth and final day.

    1. Pelucchi
    2. Greipel
    3. Swift

    Bennett in fourth
    Nice.
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Fourth and final day.

    1. Pelucchi
    2. Greipel
    3. Swift

    Bennett in fourth
    Nice.

    Two out of two.
    Pelucchi to become FF's man in 3............2...........1
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,856
    Ah hem.

    My man Formolo 3rd in day 2. Great job Cummings.

    My man Valverde, SOLOS FOR MILES AND MILES FOR THE WIN. Valverde haters, put that in the bag of numerous long range attempts from Valverde. Winner from start of the season to the end, as always.

    Team Sky lucky they have new guy Konig to show face for them.

    The trouble is, he only does this in chippers. When it comes to major races, any aggression goes out the window and he sits in the wheels, waiting. This lack of initiative has cost him time and time again.
  • Thats not true.

    He has also won more races than just about any rider in the pro peloton today, excluding sprinters whose wins are significantly less valuable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbierhommelbier Posts: 1,540
    Trofeo Playa de Palma – Palma highlights

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzUvSUtw8w
  • After attacking from the breakaway, according to the highlights it appears that Valverde basically had his nose in the wind the entire time.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7UtZXNFB_A
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,856
    Thats not true.

    He has also won more races than just about any rider in the pro peloton today, excluding sprinters whose wins are significantly less valuable.

    Name me three World Tour ranked races where Valverde has ridden the last 10 kms or more alone in the lead and won.
Sign In or Register to comment.