Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays Routes

singletrack around falkirk area

oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,465
edited March 2015 in Routes
I'm staying near falkirk in a couple of weeks and looking for some some trails approx 2 to 3 hours in length preferably red rated within half and hour or so of the outskirts of falkirk. Looking at doing one of the severn stanes sites on the way back. The only place I've found so far is the callender estate but trails are not very long. Any suggestions welcome.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Brian BBrian B Posts: 2,071
    Carron Valley. I am a roadie so not much help but lads at work go there,
    Brian B.
  • UH DHUH DH Posts: 4,160
    Carron Valley is only around 45 minutes long, but is still good. Callendar Estate, maybe Comrie Croft if you can go a little further. Those are probably the longest in the area.

There's also Beecraigs country park, but again those aren't long or difficult.

If you can push yourself an hour and a half, you can ride Glentress.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,465
    Thanks folks, I did a couple of laps of Carron valley and enjoyed it, it wasn't hard but better than sitting on my butt. Roll on next year.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Suede137Suede137 Posts: 1
    Hi there,

A little late but, living fairly local to that area I would have suggested trying your best to get to Comrie Croft. Offers a fair bit more than you get at Carron Valley. Then again it always depends on the availability of transport.