Best navigation unit

2»

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    The option of buying a Garmin without maps and loading your own requires you to have a bit of a clue about what you are doing.

If you have read Talkytoaster's website instructions and still have no clue... then this isn't for you.

You may be able to return the Garmin for a refund and buy one with maps already installed.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Grahamsjz wrote:
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    Route recalculation will take you the new simplest way to your destination. That may be via your planned route or a new, easier way. I personally leave this off if I must follow a route, such as on a Sportif.

Aargh - thank you, been puzzled by my Garmin working only so far on a route then apparently choosing roads at random.

Took the re-route off and on Sunday it followed the Ride It Newbury Sportif route perfectly.

I suspect in the past it was following the route until it lost signal for a fraction of time then tried to route me home.

Doh!

Huge Thanks

Grahamsjz

Me too. 3 times the bloody thing has all of a sudden started directing me home, and this would appear to explain it. I shall turn off the recalculate function before next venturing out. You may have restored my faith in the gadget!