RS XLoc Full Sprint remote query

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
edited January 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Can't find the answer in any of the techno-blurb, so hopefully the BR hivemind will know!

Bought a new RockShox SID XX fork, which has the XLoc Full Sprint remote thing attached, to enable lockout of both fork and rear shock with one button push.

Have installed the fork on a hardtail, so there's no line attached to the rear shock fitting at all, which I assumed would be fine. But, I cannot push the button in *at all*, so the fork lockout bit is also not working. :x

Can you only use these remotes on a full-sus bike, or can they work on a hard tail and I have some other issue? I've twiddled the gate knobs as far as possible in both directions and no change in behaviour.

If not, can I easily remove the fork lockout bit and just park the whole assembly in the drawer??
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I imagine with two lines you'll need them connected to two things, otherwise it's not a sealed system. You can remove the whole lot if you want, or you can get a normal remote. It feels there should be some sort of thing to close off one of the ports, but I imagine it would then push too much fluid, so I think you're out of luck.
  • Wheelspinner
    njee20 wrote:
    I imagine with two lines you'll need them connected to two things, otherwise it's not a sealed system. You can remove the whole lot if you want, or you can get a normal remote. It feels there should be some sort of thing to close off one of the ports, but I imagine it would then push too much fluid, so I think you're out of luck.

B@lls. Didn't see anything in the sales blurb that the remote only worked for full suspensions.

It looks like this:

rmt_upgr_xloc_fullsprint_right_sid.a11l.jpg?itok=pcUudKDH

The system is sealed, so I assumed that if there was nowhere for the hydraulic fluid to go down the shock line, then no problem, it would just push the fork on its own. Presumably not... too much fluid as you say and it won't budge.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Maybe it needs a bled after you messed with it? That's about all I know of the system, so you'll need to do a proper investigation to figure it out eally.

You can get a single level, but its circa £180 from what I can see.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Wheelspinner
    The Rookie wrote:
    Maybe it needs a bled after you messed with it? That's about all I know of the system, so you'll need to do a proper investigation to figure it out eally.

You can get a single level, but its circa £180 from what I can see.

I have another SID fork with the single lockout on it, works fine. I've not touched this one at all - just installed it in the frame as it came from Merlin.

Might see if I can scrounge the bleed tools from somewhere and see if that helps.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If it's meant to be a double and the rear hose is open, it may not have any fluid in at all?

I assumed you'd disconnected the rear shock, full story always helps!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.