Adidas evil eye glasses

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,237
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
On mentioning to the good lady that I needed some new glasses for cycling she's decided that Oakley are old hat and I don't need a fourth pair so has almost pushed the button on these.

Her other argument when I mentioned looks was "have you seen yourself in tights?"... Fair point.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/adidas-evil-eye ... unglasses/

The up side to these is that as they are supplied with two lenses I'll have more options. The down side is, well, they're not Oakleys.

Have any forumites sampled these before?
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• I wore the full rim version then upgraded to the Half Rim Pro’s a la Movistar. I also own a pair of custom Radarlock Path glasses too. IMO the optics in the Adidas, especially the LST silver lens are better than the Oakleys. You also get a hydrophobic coating as standard and the orange lenses don’t fog up as easily as the Oakleys. If you get the size right (they come in an L and S) they’re spot on and they shouldn’t give you any helmet issues either. I’ve run mine with Specialized and Giro lids.

I’ve come to accept that with the Oakleys I spanked money on a pair of custom made posing shades and keep going back to the Half Rims – especially when it’s raining and gloomy.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I really rate them too, light so they 'disappear' when wearing, good optics, IF they fit you well then they are really good bits of gear. The styling of these is somewhat discreet compared to some shades, especially the black ones. The red-like lenses are really good for most conditions (I just choose to pick up a different pair when it's summer sunshine).

Your missus is right, dressing up in spandex and then thinking choice of shades will make you look cool is something only cyclists can convince themselves of!
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I've had a pair for a few years, wear them with prescription inserts (so they may not look that cool after all...)

Yes, they're excellent, comfortable, don't slip.
    Lenses do scratch a bit if you're not careful with them.
    But they, in fact all spares are readily available : I crashed on ice and broke-off a side-arm, the hinge was readily available as a spare
    Have a look at http://www.sportsshadesonline.com/ - it's a proper opticians in Southport who do online and I've found their prices the bast in the past