Shoes for Duck Feet

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
OK, I currently use Spesh MTB shoes and SPD pedals, but shoes are a bit too narrow for my feet and I find my feet move around too much in them

I've got duck feet - narrow at the back but like tennis rackets at the front - any recommendations for (road) shoes? I was thinking Northwave but tried some recently in 43 and slightly too narrow - I wear a 43/9 in normal shoes but the Spesh are 44. Should I try a 44 Northwave???

And how are other shoes for fitting - I know Lake are good, but finding them is hard and LBS only stock the pricey ones :(

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I am very similar, I've been wearing NW for the last 5-6 years as nothing else I've tried is wide enough.

I own several styles of NW at the mo and the sizing does vary, e.g I'm a 45 in my Extreme Winter boot, a 45.5 in my Extreme SBS shoes and a 46 in my MTB Arctic boots. I would recommend trying a different size.

HTH
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Bont wide fit are the best wider shoes I've found and if needed you could mould the heel and rear foot in.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Bont wide fit are the best wider shoes I've found and if needed you could mould the heel and rear foot in.

I was kind of hoping not to spend more than (say) £100?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Lower end NW are probably your best chance then.
  • Dippydog3
    Dippydog3 Posts: 414
    Try Shimano M088 MTB SPD shoes. These come in wide fitting, which is only wide at the front. I have similar issues and find them very comfortable.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    You can get Bont Riots for well under £100. Pretty good shoes by all accounts but I've not tried them. Alternatively stick with Spesh and get some custom footbeds made. You could still do this within budget depending on what kind of money you were going to spend on the shoes in the first place of course...
  • I'm 99% they don't make the Riot in wide fit though I think you have to go up to A level for that. That said std fit bonts are wider than most and heat moldable.