Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod sizing

madden2011
madden2011 Posts: 142
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Just a quick one, hopefully get a bit of advice from a couple of owners.

Interested in the Supersix Evo HiMod 2015 http://www.cannondale.com/uk_gb/2015/bikes/road/elite-road/supersix-evo/supersix-evo-hi-mod-dura-ace-di2 and just need an idea for the sizing. I intend to use the bike as my racing bike but change the wheels.

Based on the geometry I'm sure its either a 56 or 58 for me. I'm currently riding a size 60 Cube Litening with the some of the following geometry....

Top Tube - 554mm
Top Tube (horizontal) - 570mm
Seat Tube - 560mm
Reach - 392mm
Stack - 582mm

The Supersix Evo geometry for 56 & 58 is

Top Tube (horizontal) - 560mm / 575mm
Seat Tube - 540mm / 560mm
Reach - 395mm / 399mm
Stack - 558cm / 577cm

I will visit my local Cannondale dealer when I get a chance just wanted to get an idea before I do.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    As the stack and reach figure show - the stack/reach ratio is far greater for the evo than it is for your cube - implies a more aggressive fit. For both the 56 and 58 you are likely to have a greater saddle top to bar drop. Without knowing your "dimensions", flexibility or riding style I am not sure I can offer you much advice as to which is the best fit. As an owner of an evo - having longer legs than normal (high stack favours me) to relatively shorter reach means I have to use a lot of spacers to achieve an 11 cm drop!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,034
    I tried a supersix but it was too long and low for me and I didn't want a stack of spacers. Depending on the amount of spacers/stem length on your Cube you could maybe go for either size - so if you currently have say a 13cm stem there is scope to go a lot shorter - if you currently ride with a 10cm stem maybe not so much - same idea with spacers if you currently have a stack of them you probably don't want to go for the 56. It may be that you decide neither is the right bike for you which is what I did.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • letap73 wrote:
    As the stack and reach figure show - the stack/reach ratio is far greater for the evo than it is for your cube - implies a more aggressive fit. For both the 56 and 58 you are likely to have a greater saddle top to bar drop. Without knowing your "dimensions", flexibility or riding style I am not sure I can offer you much advice as to which is the best fit. As an owner of an evo - having longer legs than normal (high stack favours me) to relatively shorter reach means I have to use a lot of spacers to achieve an 11 cm drop!

I should have said in my OP, I'm 6ft with a 33 inch leg and a fairly flexible (I can touch my toes without bending at the knee if that helps :D )
  • letap73
    What is your saddle height?
    Your inseam would suggest a saddle height of 74 cm which would suggest the 56 (or even the 54 would suit you). What is the saddle tip to the centre of your stem (mid point of bar) measurement? Given the answer to this question I could see how this tallies up with my 54 (- present saddle height 77 cm).
  • 5'11" and ride a 56cm supersix, I like it for both racing or 100+ miles rides. If you want to race it you are likely to be better off on a 56cm.
  • letap73 wrote:
    Your inseam would suggest a saddle height of 74 cm which would suggest the 56 (or even the 54 would suit you). What is the saddle tip to the centre of your stem (mid point of bar) measurement? Given the answer to this question I could see how this tallies up with my 54 (- present saddle height 77 cm).

From the tip of the saddle to the bar is 56.5cm with a saddle height (saddle to bottom bracket) is 77.5cm

Appreciate the help
  • letap73
    madden2011 wrote:
    letap73 wrote:

From the tip of the saddle to the bar is 56.5cm with a saddle height (saddle to bottom bracket) is 77.5cm

Appreciate the help
    Okay if the above measurement is from saddle tip to the edge of the bar closest to you, on a 54 you would have a drop of approx. 12 cm with spacers. If the above measurement is to the centre of the bar - the gap where stem face plate meets the stem, then my 54 is set very close to your measurements -albeit with a good stack of spacers. You would fit a 56 with less spacers -I probably would not recommend the 58. If your measurements are similar to mine then the 56 synapse should also fit very well - most likely with a slammed stem,
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,034
    Why not whip 2.5cm of spacers off the Cube (if you have that much) and see how it feels.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]