rockshox monarch rt3 rear shock

BullsWildEdge
BullsWildEdge Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in MTB beginners
Hello,
I have a RockShox Monarch RT3. I know that there are 3 position compression (Open/Pedal/Lock)
On the rear shock demper there are 2 symbols, a rabbit and a turtle. Does anybody know what the symbols represent.
Is the Turtle half open and the rabbit fully open? What setting do I need when I am riding in the mountains and need full suspension?

Many Thanks in advance.
L

Comments

• jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    red dial adjusts rebound twist towards the turtle to make it slower and towards the rabbit to make it faster. The blue lever adjusts the pedal platform, middle is the pedal setting and either side you have fully open and locked out. Personally I use the pedal setting when I climb the open setting when I descend and the lock out on fire roads.
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Hello,
    I have a RockShox Monarch RT3. I know that there are 3 position compression (Open/Pedal/Lock)
    On the rear shock demper there are 2 symbols, a rabbit and a turtle. Does anybody know what the symbols represent.
    Is the Turtle half open and the rabbit fully open? What setting do I need when I am riding in the mountains and need full suspension?

Many Thanks in advance.
    L

as said above the dial is for rebound or how fast the shock springs back after compression. rabbit is fast turtle is slow. If you are going down a trail and getting bucked off the saddle your rebound is too fast. the way I start off is to set the rebound at its slowest and adjust from there using the lift wheel technique. To do this stand off the bike and set sag (20-30%) to your taste with the rebound set fastest and the lever to open. Turn the rebound fully slow and compress the shock then try and lift the back wheel off the ground before the shock springs back. Turn the rebound a turn at a time until you can no longer get the wheel off the ground before the shock springs back. Turn the rebound back two clicks and go from there. Different trails need different amounts of rebound depending on the terrain.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    jfry94 wrote:
    red dial adjusts rebound twist towards the turtle to make it slower and towards the rabbit to make it faster. The blue lever adjusts the pedal platform, middle is the pedal setting and either side you have fully open and locked out. Personally I use the pedal setting when I climb the open setting when I descend and the lock out on fire roads.

not on my 2014 monarch rt3 its not , the middle is locked out to the left is fully open and to the right is pedal platform , plus it has the settings underneath although admittedly bit hard to see.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    tarbot18 wrote:
    jfry94 wrote:

not on my 2014 monarch rt3 its not , the middle is locked out to the left is fully open and to the right is pedal platform , plus it has the settings underneath although admittedly bit hard to see.

Sorry my bad, that will teach me for looking at an old monarch
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    jfry94 wrote:
    Sorry my bad, that will teach me for looking at an old monarch

queen-elizabeth-II_2796645b.jpg
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.