Bont Vaypor + Wide Fit

phil485
phil485 Posts: 364
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
So , I went to unclip on the turbo last night and managed to rip the sole off my Shimano shoes so it's time to get the credit card out again.

I have quite wide feet and even the wide fit Shimano's were longer than need be to get the width.

Liking the look of the Vaypor +'s but has anyone got any opinions. some question marks over the cables????
Is it worth spending the money over the riots?

will try to get to Sigma sport tomorrow but would be good to have a clear pictre in my mind before i get carried away with the salespeople :)

Comments

• ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I'll be interested to hear your opinion after trying them. I've been using Shimano R087 in wide fit but they've seen a few seasons and could do with replacing. Like you I have to go a size or two too long even in the wide fit to get them wide enough. It's a big compromise and they take some breaking in as a result. The Bont Vaypor+ in wide fit appear to be a better option and I'm seriously considering a pair.
  • phil485
    So I got a pair of Vaypor + and I'm still trying to get them exactly right.

Managed a 4 hour club ride on Sunday without any discomfort but could have been better.
    I'm getting a lot of heel lift which should mould out. The widest part of my foot however is well accommodated for and I think they are going to be good.

The specialized and Shimano's I tried were to narrow and the sidi's were too sloppy.

Tried keeping my saddle height but the stack height on the bont does make a big difference and the saddle did have to drop.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    What size did you get and how did that correspond with their sizing charts?
  • phil485
    not sure against sizing chart but ended up in a 44W.
    my previous shimano's were 44's to