Help with Rapha Pro Team Softshell Jacket Sizing

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Looking into buying myself the "Rapha Pro Team Softshell Jacket", but need help with the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• Medium, probably. I'm XL at 41. I think the L may be slightly flappy.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • I am 5`11" and am a 39/40 inch chest 73kg and wear a medium. Its a pro fit jacket so is quite tight fitting

At 65kg you are pretty skinny but you may need the medium for arm length & body length.

32" waist and 37" chest ? are you sure about the waist size?
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    You are talking about the new Pro Team Soft Shell rather than the Pro Team jacket? If so Im 5-10, 32" waist, 38 chest, 44kg and the M is skin tight with one base layer and when reaching for the back pocket it feels restricting. I'm not sure whether to keep it, or try a large and then decide. The regular PT jacket Im M and thats very fitted.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • FitzM
    FitzM Posts: 232
    If so Im 5-10, 32" waist, 38 chest, 44kg

I'm 5'5" 29"-30" waist 38" chest and weight 64Kg, surely you can't be 44Kg :shock:
    Klein Quantum, Cervelo Soloist Team, Boardman SLR 9.0S, Boardman SLS 9.8, Kinesis Racelight 4S, DengFu FM028
  • You are talking about the new Pro Team Soft Shell rather than the Pro Team jacket? If so Im 5-10, 32" waist, 38 chest, 44kg and the M is skin tight with one base layer and when reaching for the back pocket it feels restricting. I'm not sure whether to keep it, or try a large and then decide. The regular PT jacket Im M and thats very fitted.

One of the issues I've found with this, and the Rapha Hardshell is that they fit perfectly. Until you put something in the pockets, which messes everything up.
  • The M that I bought from you fits really well. I don`t find it restricting,, just a tighter fit than say, my Mavic jacket which is also medium.
    Like I say,, 5 foot 11 and 73 kgs just under a 40 inch chest. I would maybe want try a large, but reckon the arm lenght etc may be too long.

44kgs? you must fly uphill ! :)
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm the same height but bigger chest and 15 kg more than you - I take a large. I'd try a medium if I were you.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,663
    If so Im 5-10, 32" waist, 38 chest, 44kg and ...

You are Victoria Beckham (in high heels to get to 5-10", and some implants to get to the 38 chest :D) and I claim my five pounds.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • on-yer-bike
    sorry it should be 74 kg. Wishful thinking.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • on-yer-bike
    You are talking about the new Pro Team Soft Shell rather than the Pro Team jacket? If so Im 5-10, 32" waist, 38 chest, 44kg and the M is skin tight with one base layer and when reaching for the back pocket it feels restricting. I'm not sure whether to keep it, or try a large and then decide. The regular PT jacket Im M and thats very fitted.

One of the issues I've found with this, and the Rapha Hardshell is that they fit perfectly. Until you put something in the pockets, which messes everything up.
    With Rapha you are supposed to have a team car or a domestique to carry everything for you.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • I'm 6'2 and weigh 73 kilos, with a 39 inch chest and 31 inch waist.

I bought the medium Rapha Pro Team Softshell jacket, and it's exactly what I was looking for: when standing up straight it bunches a touch in the shoulders and comes up close to my navel in the front and feels almost tight in places like my chest. Then, when I get on my bike, I realize the genius of the jacket, and everything fits beautifully — including sleeves that're even longer than I need them.

It's very much a race-cut fit; I can imagine wearing a heavy base under it with a short sleeve jersey; any more and it'd be too tight. That being said, you definitely sound like a medium given your chest and waist measurements.
  • You are talking about the new Pro Team Soft Shell rather than the Pro Team jacket? If so Im 5-10, 32" waist, 38 chest, 44kg and the M is skin tight with one base layer and when reaching for the back pocket it feels restricting. I'm not sure whether to keep it, or try a large and then decide. The regular PT jacket Im M and thats very fitted.

With Rapha you are supposed to have a team car or a domestique to carry everything for you.

And I'm missing a beard. I'm bald mind. I reckon I would look awesome with a Rapha beard and no other hair.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I am about 5'8", about a 35-36" chest, 29" waist and 62kg and have one of these in a Medium. As has been said before, it is a tight race-fit by design, but I wanted it slightly bigger so it would cover more body and not be so tight around the body, and the Medium is ideal and is very comfy.
    So I would say if you are happy for the race-fit looks and close fit, get the medium, but if you want a more relaxed feel, then go for a Large.

I also have a Rapha beard - size medium (getting towrds a large soon!) in red.
  • on-yer-bike

And I'm missing a beard. I'm bald mind. I reckon I would look awesome with a Rapha beard and no other hair.
    You would also need a tattoo on your head.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Why not just telephone the retailer you are going to buy from??? They will advise you what size to order.
    With this particular jacket, that'd mean telephoning Rapha themselves. When I went to buy it my local retailer didn't have it—despite being one of two Rapha dealers in Germany—and when I called Rapha, it turned out this jacket was such a limited run that their employees aren't even allowed to buy it yet. So he'd be buying it direct from them, online.

Calling them for specifics is a good idea, but I think going by their sizing online is a good idea, which would put him in Medium territory.
  • on-yer-bike
    If its too big you'll end like the chap in the other thread with all the road muck going up inside the jacket.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo