GT Grade and alternatives

primalcarl
primalcarl Posts: 579
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm getting pretty serious on the idea of changing my winter road bike for a more robust and versatile bike like the GT Grade 105

Is it as good as the reviews suggest and is there anything else in the same price range I should consider? Anyone know the weight of the Grade?

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I'd look at the Planet X London Road and Whyte Road bikes (Dorset model?) too. GT looks sounds very good too but I've never actually seen one. I do have a GT road bike (GTR - standard road bike without discs) and really like it - well constructed alu frame and a good ride quality, if that helps.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • 2oldnslow
    2oldnslow Posts: 313
    Have one on order. Should be here at the end of the week bought it to replace my trusty Singular so I'll let you know my initial impressions next week.
  • Dippydog3
    Dippydog3 Posts: 414
    I considered the GT Grade, but went with a Diverge instead. Love it. Details and pictures on other posts of mine.
  • The London Road looks good!

Does anyone know the difference between the GT Grade 105 and the more expensive Grade Alloy X? Both have 105 components
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Brakes for sure. I'd look at wheels & frame too for other potential differences (I haven't looked myself).
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • 2oldnslow
    2oldnslow Posts: 313
    Grrrrr just been informed there's a 2 week delay on getting mine