Brake Caliper Upgrade

2»

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    BR-561 are NOT long drop calipers, they are the non-series equivalent to the 105 5700 you already have. I had them on my Defy they are adequate, though slow to react in the wet, a change of pads helps. I swopped mine for Ultegra 6700 and Swisstop blue BXP pads, which are a big improvement.

You need the BR-R650 57mm long drop which are Ultegra quality, or BR-R451 if you want a black finish.

From the linked page below select Type * Road, then Component * Brake (Caliper Brake) then Series * Shimano, then hit the Submit button.

http://productinfo.shimano.com/specifications.html
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Considering that I only just bought a pair of brake calipers with a bent bolt on them (and posted the picture of the snapped bolt asking where sells replacements) I think you're just having a laugh when you claim this stuff is impossible? You're trolling?

If it is impossible how come a used caliper I bought had a bent bolt? People on here talk out of their ass at times.

You're more interested in saying "Haha you're wrong, I'm right" even when it isn't the case. :shock:

Thats the first used set of calipers I have ever bought and they had damage from taking a knock. So it happened one out of one times, oh yeah really uncommon! What are you talking about with "they can't ever get damaged" and such crap?

Instead of worrying about what I am thinking all the time, you could try thinking yourself. Something is bent around here and it ain't a caliper bolt.
  • DJ58 wrote:
    BR-561 are NOT long drop calipers, they are the non-series equivalent to the 105 5700 you already have. I had them on my Defy they are adequate, though slow to react in the wet, a change of pads helps. I swopped mine for Ultegra 6700 and Swisstop blue BXP pads, which are a big improvement.

You need the BR-R650 57mm long drop which are Ultegra quality, or BR-R451 if you want a black finish.

From the linked page below select Type * Road, then Component * Brake (Caliper Brake) then Series * Shimano, then hit the Submit button.

http://productinfo.shimano.com/specifications.html

Thanks DJ58, just been a 30 mile ride with the 105s and they have been excellent however due to the possibility of the brake pads causing tire damage I think I'm gonna try the BR-R451s, if they arent good enough then I'll have to bite the bullet and get the silver BR-R650s. Thanks for all the help guys, appreciate it.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    possibility of the brake pads causing tire damage

Someone will be along shortly to tell you this is impossible.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Rolf F wrote:
    C'mon - would you knowingly re-use this caliper? :lol:

86265-squirrel.jpg?w=503&h=340

Definitely - it did a pretty damn good job of stopping that squirrel!