Frame makers taiwan-- looking for tandem

Wily-Quixote
Wily-Quixote Posts: 269
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm going to taiwan for three weeks and looking at getting a tandem with breakaway join built. Does anyone know of frame builders in taipei that will build and ship a frame? Internet search not particularly useful.

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    If you need it to have S&S on it, contact them and see which manufacturers they supply the couplings to?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Not Taiwan, but China - I've had XACD build me a titanium frame with S+S style couplings - actually it has a Ritchey Breakaway type split seatpost collar and an S+S downtube coupling because XACD wanted to charge me stupid money to make a Breakaway type downtube coupling. Hilite titanium are a well-known Taiwanese fabricator who produce Van Nicholas' frames - don't know if they do one-offs though.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Monty Dog wrote:
    Not Taiwan, but China - I've had XACD build me a titanium frame with S+S style couplings - actually it has a Ritchey Breakaway type split seatpost collar and an S+S downtube coupling because XACD wanted to charge me stupid money to make a Breakaway type downtube coupling. Hilite titanium are a well-known Taiwanese fabricator who produce Van Nicholas' frames - don't know if they do one-offs though.

I'll try looking for them whils I'm there.

just to clarify - I don't need to buy it online - i am going to be IN taiwan.