Fizik Versus compared to Versus X

englander
englander Posts: 232
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm browsing saddles and I've noticed that Fizik do both a VS range and a VSX range.

I've rooted around on their website and I can't seem to discern the major difference (other than aesthetic). They both appear to be normal saddles with the addition of a groove.

Could anyone clarify what justifies them being separate product ranges?
Specialized Allez 2010
Strava

Comments

• I think the X is a deeper cutout. I found the edges a little uncomfortable on the X. Your nether regions may vary.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    edited December 2014
    I found the Antares VSX uncomfortable too, it gave me quite a bit of pain in my left thigh. I changed to a normal Antares and it was perfect. The X achieves the deep cutout by having thick padding either side.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    Both have the relief channel

"Versus is a complete range of saddles that combines the Spine Concept, fi'zi:k technology and new consumers needs. Versus realizes that select consumers have been asking fi'zi:k for a model with a relief zone."

"Versus X collection is meant for those consumers that have been asking fi'zi:k for a model with a relief zone.
    A 20 mm deep channel design allows a greater pressure relief maintaing the stiffness and durability of a solid base saddle."

Aliante Versus Specification Shell: Carbon Reinforced Nylon Rail: K:ium Padding: Low Density with Relief Channel Cover: Glossy Black Microtex Thigh Glides: Glossy Black Microtex Weight: 209 gr Dimensions: 265 x 142 mm

Aliante VSX Specification Channel: Silver Microtex with reflective thermowelded film Shell: Carbon Reinforced Nylon Rail: K:ium Padding: Double Injected foam with specific formulation Cover: Black Microtex with reflective thermowelded film Thigh Glides: Black Microtex Weight: 259 g Dimensions: 265x142 mm

Comparing those two there does appear to be a difference in materials used, the VSX is heavier.