Convincing my mum to wear a helmet

13»

Comments

• Didnt Chris Boardman do a piece the other week about cycling safety and did not wear a helmet................
    Cannondale Caad8
    Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt
  • Is this thread 100% trolling or is some of it serious? I can't figure it out.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Tjgoodhew wrote:
    Didnt Chris Boardman do a piece the other week about cycling safety and did not wear a helmet................

Yeah - you'd have thought there would be some news on that eh ?

Oh..

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... 20boardman
  • Biomech
    Biomech Posts: 158
    Veronese inspires an argument - A LOT of people (bikes or pedestrians) that are hit by cars often die or have serious head injuries because of the physics of the impact. The legs get taken out and the head hit's the bonnet/windscreen. You can see it in any youtube video. Sure the legs are mashed, but the head is a bit more important for survival right.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    motorbike1.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,714
    Biomech wrote:
    Veronese inspires an argument - A LOT of people (bikes or pedestrians) that are hit by cars often die or have serious head injuries because of the physics of the impact. The legs get taken out and the head hit's the bonnet/windscreen. You can see it in any youtube video. Sure the legs are mashed, but the head is a bit more important for survival right.
    Does this mean you're going to tell your mother to wear a crash helmet to cross the road?
    The guy in my tale was driving the car and got hit on the head by the bonnet that flew open. I was not seriously suggesting that people should wear a helmet to drive a convertible in case of freak accidents.
  • Craigus89 wrote:
    Is this thread 100% trolling or is some of it serious? I can't figure it out.

Have you taken a bump to the head or summat? :wink:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Biomech
    Biomech Posts: 158
    Does this mean you're going to tell your mother to wear a crash helmet to cross the road?

When she spends 99% of her commute walking in the middle of the road - then yes, I would :P