Ribble

Dandelionclock30
Dandelionclock30 Posts: 306
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Would you dare risk buying a bike from Ribble? I'm considering it but the feedback is shocking regarding their customer service. I cant understand why a company would behave consistently badly, all the people leaving bad reviews cant be wrong.

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Consider that the people leaving bad reviews are probably a small portion of total sales.

And!

Not everyone who is happy will post online about it

Not everyone who is unhappy will post online about it
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Well, I ordered a winter audax bike from ribble and it's ace. Had it 12 months.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Thanks for the replies.
  • NeXXus
    Forgot! I also have a Ribble winter bike, started life as a frame and built by me :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    My Ribble Gran Fondo has done me proud for a good 25,000 miles now. It was well put together and I've never had the slightest cause to complain about any aspect of Ribble service for any of the many times I've used them.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I've used Ribble many times including buying a bike from them.

No complaints at all - just great value.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Heard nothing but Good things from a couple of freinds that have bought bikes from them.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    Mrs Big P works at Ribble, she says they dont get nearly as many complaints as people seem to think they do.
  • Ribble are my favourite go to bike parts/accessories website. Huge range, competitive prices and ( from personal experience) quick delivery.
    I have collected stuff myself, phoned to clarify order queries and have always found their staff to be helpful and friendly.
    I reckon, if you're selling as much stuff as they are there are bound to be a few hiccups. Noboby's perfect but I think they are a good firm.
  • I live 30 miles from CRC headquarters. Ribble orders arrive quicker. Never had any issue with them at all.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Big thumbs up from me! I've not bought a bike from them but a friend did and he found them very helpful - that was 2 or 3 years back.

Peter
  • NeXXus
    I live 30 miles from CRC headquarters. Ribble orders arrive quicker. Never had any issue with them at all.
    It's funny. I live closer and depending on the order, find the same thing :lol: And I tend to pay for priority service for anything I need soon-ish. If I'm restocking spares I won't
  • Always use your LBS. They offer choice and expertise, you will be sized by experiences staff and can take your bike back if you have any problems. Most also offer a first service in with the deal
  • Some local bike shops are better than others really, some are good others I dont know how they stay in buisness.
    Thank you everyone for you replies.
  • Ribble is the best for me. Been using them since 1998, back when we had Settle Cycles, Deeside Cycles, and Parker International.

Sadly all have died off but Ribble survives.

I'd rather order something for £5 more at Ribble than use Wiggle.
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Same here, never had a problem with Ribble in over 20 years.
  • Just taken delivery of my new Sportive Racing from Ribble. Fantastic bike and great value for money.
    Have had a few other bits from Ribble over the last few months and always arrived well packaged and on time.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Can only add my positive feedback for Ribble. I had heard about the poor service etc before I bought my GranFondo but it was delivered promptly and any enquiries I had were dealt with promptly and politely. Always competitive on price too in my experience. I should add I bought the frame and fork etc to build it myself so perhaps their build service is prone to delays maybe - just a thought, can't really comment from personal experience though. I'd have no concerns whatsoever about buying from them again.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • napoleond
    Ai normally build my iwn bikes but got the Ribble winter with athena as a complete bike. The build was really well done. Didn't even need to adjust mechs!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • i have only used them a couple of times but had no issues. they had speedplay stainless pedals for £90 so obviously a bargain at the time. timely shipping and happy as larry. check them for price every now and then but usually defer to the free haribo shop :-)
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Their blue winter bikes are all over the show at this time of year. I saw one today - rider top to toe in Rapha. Everything. His clothes would have cost more than the bike. They're very decent. I'd have no worries ordering from Ribble.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    I have two Ribble bikes and numerous other orders.

I had a couple of minor issues which the sorted without a problem.

I still buy from them.
  • Bazzowmb
    Bazzowmb Posts: 227
    I built a bike with the frame and most of the components from Ribble.

Great customer service, including advice and ultimately a great bike that has served me well for the last three years!

I'd have no hesitation in using them.
  • Good afternoon people. I'm totally new to this forum, so please excuse this somewhat naïve question.

I've decided to quit the gym an get a road bike. It will happen! I set a limit of £1000.

I've done some mountain biking and a couple of track taster sessions in Manchester over the last year or two so I'm not totally unable to ride a bike. But this is a whole new ball game. I just want to keep fit, and if I can, to lose some weight. I don't want to buy a cheaper bike first then upgrade later, but I have got to set a sensible limit.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sed/road- ... =conf_SERW

With a few upgrades I get this to my target figure. Anybody got any thoughts on it ?

The only other one is the Cube Agree GTC Pro Carbon from AllTerrainCycles in Saltaire, Bradford. It's more expensive and doesn't appear to be any better spec, but I suspect there's more to it than just that..... :? :?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.
  • napoleond
    Nope, I think that one you've picked looks pretty bob on tbh.
    With the cube you are paying extra for a paint job and branding.
    ABCC Cycling Coach