My First Ever Road Bike Build: Kuota Content

Ibanezguy7
Ibanezguy7 Posts: 17
edited October 2014 in Road beginners
Hey folks. Decided to build a custom road bike. Used to build BMX's back in the 80's lol!!

Took the plunge and bought all parts individually:

Build completed today. Bike comes in at dead on 7kgs, just 0.2kgs heavier than the UCI weight limit.

Frameset: Kuota Kuraro Full Carbon Frame and Fork.

Wheels: Sram S60 Deep Carbon Aero.

Groupset: Full Shimano Ultegra 6700

Bars: Deda Zero 100 Oversize 31.8/44cms

Stem: Deda Zero 2

Saddle: Prologo Zero II PAS

Pedals: Look Keo

Dark here in the UK when got around to shooting some pics so excuse the crappy indoor pics. Will get better ones taken outdoors soon.

SAM_0972_zps48f6c8ab.jpg

SAM_0973_zpsfcc69b45.jpg

SAM_0974_zps1b63874a.jpg

SAM_0975_zpsd5634f62.jpg

SAM_0976_zpsd8368c20.jpg

SAM_0977_zps6e65de62.jpg

SAM_0979_zps569f4b47.jpg

SAM_0982_zps5a783995.jpg

SAM_0984_zps5f4fb561.jpg

Comments

• handful
    handful Posts: 920
    You do realise the seat post is reversable and is in time trial mode don't you? :) How long is the stem?
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Slam them bars!
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • That's a beauty, such a head turner.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • handful wrote:
    You do realise the seat post is reversable and is in time trial mode don't you? :) How long is the stem?

Yeah I'm aware of that. Stem is 130mm.
  • That's a beauty, such a head turner.

Thank you, much appreciated!!
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Lovely looking bike.
  • handful
    handful wrote:

That's ok then, would've been a shame if you'd bought a longer stem rather then swap the post!

Lovely bike, I'm just waiting for a Kharma to be built up for me, the Kuota frames look much better in the flesh than they do in pictures in my opinion, very nicely made.
    Orbea Rise
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    There's a lot going on there ... You won't miss that in a hurry!!

Having said that ... I really like it ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • handful wrote:
    handful wrote:

That's ok then, would've been a shame if you'd bought a longer stem rather then swap the post!

Lovely bike, I'm just waiting for a Kharma to be built up for me, the Kuota frames look much better in the flesh than they do in pictures in my opinion, very nicely made.

Thanks for all the kind words re the bike guys!

@handful: Yeah they are great looking frames for sure. The downtube is diamond shape which I really like.

Nice one on the Kharma build. Got any details on the spec you are going for?
  • You better be fast ;)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Saddle needs levelling and, well, that spacer stack :shock: I thought my bike was bad after I broke my back!

Has potential.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • There's something about building it yourself, isn't there? I like the way you've coordinated it.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Saddle needs levelling and, well, that spacer stack :shock: I thought my bike was bad after I broke my back!

Has potential.

Bike has just been assembled basically to get it together. I am just about to book in to be fitted for it
    so any adjustments will be obviously made then.
  • handful
    Ibanezguy7 wrote:
    handful wrote:
    handful wrote:

@handful: Yeah they are great looking frames for sure. The downtube is diamond shape which I really like.

I've gone for Rival 22 speed with Aksium wheels for now but will upgrade them in the Spring. I've got sram on my other bike and prefer it to shimano, only because I'm used to it though I guess. Looking forward to getting it now, I've gone for the stealthy black/grey colour though, not as bold as you!
    Orbea Rise
  • handful wrote:
    Ibanezguy7 wrote:
    handful wrote:
    handful wrote:

I've gone for Rival 22 speed with Aksium wheels for now but will upgrade them in the Spring. I've got sram on my other bike and prefer it to shimano, only because I'm used to it though I guess. Looking forward to getting it now, I've gone for the stealthy black/grey colour though, not as bold as you!

Cool. I thought long and hard about the black/grey Kharma Evo as well, really love that finish, 'stealthy' is a great way to describe it. I ended up going for this very Kuraro frameset because it popped up on ebay for a great price. I'd be sorely tempted to go for a Kharma like your's at some point................stranger things have happened.