Keo Look Blade 2 Float Is Too Tight??

james0133
james0133 Posts: 19
edited September 2014 in Workshop
I bought a set of Keo Blade 2 pedals 16nm but find the float very tight! Has anyone else found this? I have had to go back to my Blade 1's, which are perfect for float. I dont mind too much about the tight bearing seal but the lack of easy float hurts my knee.

Has any one experience with this? I have tried new and old cleats. Will they loosen up over time?

I'm replacing a cracked blade in my Blade 1's today and noticed a small non-crucial piece of the plastic on the pedal body is cracked and might break off. Has any one any experience with gluing this type of carbon reinforced plastic?

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    james0133 wrote:
    I bought a set of Keo Blade 2 pedals 16nm but find the float very tight! Has anyone else found this? I have had to go back to my Blade 1's, which are perfect for float. I dont mind too much about the tight bearing seal but the lack of easy float hurts my knee.

What colour plates have you got?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I replaced my pedals with the Keo Blade 2's at the beginning of summer and I must
    say I've struggled to get on with them. Mine have slackened of quite a bit now and
    are not too tight at all. My big problem is locking into them, I have a
    big problem locating them with the shoe plate.

The build quality on the pedals, is a best poor and I paid around £120 for them :evil:
    I wish I'd purchased the Dura-Ace pedals, but never mind.