New members welcome...

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    Seems fair enough to me. A bit brusque maybe, but says what it needs too.

The older I get, the better I was.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    You'd never guess nicklouse was a Yorshire man :roll: :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Capt Slog wrote:

Don't get me wrong - there's nothing factually inaccurate there...
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Imposter wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

Don't get me wrong - there's nothing factually inaccurate there...
    Hard to expect much else
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • imposter2.0
    I just think there's ways and means of saying things - and that possibly isn't ideal. I work in a Uni - if we spoke to our freshers like that, we'd get our grant funding pulled... ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Imposter wrote:
    I just think there's ways and means of saying things - and that possibly isn't ideal. I work in a Uni - if we spoke to our freshers like that, we'd get our grant funding pulled... ;)
    Is that one of the problems with the yoof of today? Too much molly coddling means they need their hands holding too much.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Imposter wrote:
    Aww. Diddums.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • imposter2.0
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Is that one of the problems with the yoof of today? Too much molly coddling means they need their hands holding too much.

Quite possibly. No idea why that's relevant though...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    You'd never guess nicklouse was a Yorshire man :roll: :lol:

He says what he likes and likes what he bloody well says :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Imposter wrote:
    Are you getting soft in your old age? Surely you should be getting students used to the rough and tumble of robust academic debate, in the same way you have been known to do in threads here involving l*g str*ngth. Though admittedly some of those threads fall somewhat short on the academic aspect.
  • imposter2.0
    True. Maybe I am getting soft. In my old age. (That bit's true as well..)
  • Surely you should be getting students used to the rough and tumble of robust academic debate

I work in a Uni too and this is the fourth one I've worked in - IME if you did this you would soon be sacked! Times have changed students are now customers and so they are ( virtually) always right!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    If I paid 9 bloody grand a year to go to Uni I would expect to be treated like a customer!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    If I paid 9 bloody grand a year to go to Uni I would expect to be treated like a customer!

I paid a hell of a lot more than that (across the students union bar)
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    Of course but at Uni should you not be challenged and made to work for yourself? Honestly its got crazy how we drag students through spoon feeding and almost endless resits. Devalues the whole process IMO.