5mm cable housing > 7900 calipers

tommybat
tommybat Posts: 667
edited September 2014 in Workshop
I'm fitting new Yokozuna housing which is 5mm diameter but it doesn't sit inside the adjusters on the brakes, just on top, anyone ever come across this and what's the solution? There's no special ferrules in the kit.

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i thought they do 5 to 4mm adaptors in their kits.
    tbh the new shimano 9000 cables are so good, I d not bother with the Yok's
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The fittings from your old brakes should unscrew and then screw into your new brakes so the cables fit in neatly.

Did this recently for the wifes bike when I fitted R650 brakes and put the old tektro top parts in so the cables sat in top nicely.
  • Kajjal wrote:
    The fittings from your old brakes should unscrew and then screw into your new brakes so the cables fit in neatly.

Did this recently for the wifes bike when I fitted R650 brakes and put the old tektro top parts in so the cables sat in top nicely.

I read it as the op has some 7900 brakes and has bought some Yokozan brake cables (to replace his std Shimano 4mm ones) the new ones r 5mm and do not fit into the shimano std 4mm ID brake adjusters.

Where are the "old parts" you refer too? I don't understand what you are on about but im from Cornwall :lol:
  • Looky, you are correct :)

Nothing to do with the old brakes Kajjal, I'm only replacing the cables.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Lookyhere wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:

I read it as the op has some 7900 brakes and has bought some Yokozan brake cables (to replace his std Shimano 4mm ones) the new ones r 5mm and do not fit into the shimano std 4mm ID brake adjusters.

Where are the "old parts" you refer too? I don't understand what you are on about but im from Cornwall :lol:

In that case you can't reuse the top thingies from the old brakes :)