New Specialized Romin Evo pro saddle problem

davoj
davoj Posts: 190
edited September 2014 in Workshop
Hi,

Just two weeks ago I bought a the Romin Evo pro saddle and the last two rides the saddle has started to make a loud creak and it seems like you can feel and hear it flexing when you move.

Even by moving it with my fingers the it makes a loud noise.

Has this happened to any one else?

Should I return the saddle?

Thanks

Comments

• davoj
    davoj Posts: 190
    Also it looks like the glue going in to the rails has come off, I noticed this cause unfortunately I bought a 2nd saddle for my good bike and the glue is still on that one.

Im sure it's a bad idea to try and re glue it?
  • I had the same problem.
    I slackened the bolts that hold it to the seat post and is seems to have cured it.

Geoff
  • I had creaking from my Romin Evo Expert and found it was where the rails go into the saddle at the back. A bit of GT-85 and I've never had a problem since.
  • I had a problem with my Romin saddle a few months ago (the plastic film on the saddle was gradually disintegrating). Not the same as your fault but bear with me.
    I phoned Specialized customer services and they were very helpful. My saddle was over two years old but they still replaced it. I had to cover some postage costs and pay to upgrade to a higher spec saddle that they had in stock at the time but ultimately sorted my problem to my satisfaction.
    If the above advice doesn't solve your problem, give Specialized a ring.
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    +GT85. I've had creaks on a handful of saddles over the years and from what I remember the GT85 always solved it. I recently bought a new Sitero saddle that creaked from day one but a squirt of GT85 into the saddle rail connections solved the creaks.

If it worries you and the noise is easily produced just take or send it back and get a new one. It shouldn't creak so they should replace it.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    If you bought it from a Specialized store, they offer a 30 day return policy if you are not fully satisfied with any of their saddles.

If you bought it from an on-line retailer they should honour the Specialized policy. Don't see why you should be faffing about on a 2-week old saddle trying to solve a problem. Send it back.