Won't somebody think of the millionaires?

1235»

Comments

• I don't think he was talking with his mod hat on, more an observation about Vtech.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I don't think he was talking with his mod hat on, more an observation about Vtech.

He would be 100% right. Cars relate to a large portion of my life. I'm. It sure why he feels the need to bang on about that fact though, especially as this is a thread about cars !!!!!!!!!

Also, for those that think I don't cycle, they couldn't be further from the truth. I'm cycling more than ever and getting fitter than in was in my 20's. I chose not to talk about cycling on this forum as my attempts resulted in nonsense trouble bought about by others. None of my questions in cycling when I joined were needless and all had a point valid for me. I was ridiculed so decided never to talk about cycling here again. If I need to know something I google the answer as it's an easier option.
    I post my things in the appropriate section of the forum and I'm sure a couple of the mods would love to ban me but the truth is that I haven't broken any rules and it frustrates them.

Cards on the table, I come here when I'm bored.
    Living MY dream.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    VTech wrote:
    I chose not to talk about cycling on this forum as my attempts resulted in nonsense
    FTFY
    VTech wrote:
    I chose ... to talk ... nonsense
    Really really FTFY
  • VTech
    bompington wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    I chose not to talk about cycling on this forum as my attempts resulted in nonsense
    FTFY
    VTech wrote:
    Really really FTFY

I think that sums it up, in my normal life I surround myself with people who just get things done, I've not really had the "pub banter" side of life as I preferred to work instead of mess around. This may of course have had a negative effect, it certainly has on here but the biggest issue is 2 faced people, I can't stand that.
    I initially came here and all was good, the start of the fallout was when I dared to mention that cyclists are ripped off, as are most sports related people. This infuriated people but was of course the truth.
    From then on people made it a huge issue and brought money into almost every argument, swinging it around that I had done it when it was clear I had not.

I decided to stop posting about cycling as I knew all I needed to know at that point and whatever else I may then need I could find out quicker and with less hassle on google.

I have commented when I felt it worth my effort and wound people up when I felt the need but I'm honest, I stick to my guns and I would never shake your hand whilst reaching around to stab you with the other.
    So many people here love to talk cr4p about others, they love to find the negatives and be full of hate.

I like me, I can live with me so of course won't apologise for it but would ask anyone in 100% honesty, what is to be gained from looking for the worst in a human, why abuse people, why hate people ?
    If anyone can come up with a good reason for any of them I may change the way I live but at 41 I am sure I would have come across something by now.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    I think that sums it up, in my normal life I surround myself with people who just get things done, I've not really had the "pub banter" side of life as I preferred to work instead of mess around. This may of course have had a negative effect, it certainly has on here but the biggest issue is 2 faced people, I can't stand that.
    I initially came here and all was good, the start of the fallout was when I dared to mention that cyclists are ripped off, as are most sports related people. This infuriated people but was of course the truth.
    From then on people made it a huge issue and brought money into almost every argument, swinging it around that I had done it when it was clear I had not.

Have you got the time to find a link? I agree and would be itnerested to see the opposing arguement, as I cant really think of any.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    VTech wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    FTFY
    VTech wrote:
    Really really FTFY

I decided to stop posting about cycling as I knew all I needed to know at that point and whatever else I may then need I could find out quicker and with less hassle on google.

I have commented when I felt it worth my effort and wound people up when I felt the need but I'm honest, I stick to my guns and I would never shake your hand whilst reaching around to stab you with the other.
    So many people here love to talk cr4p about others, they love to find the negatives and be full of hate.

I like me, I can live with me so of course won't apologise for it but would ask anyone in 100% honesty, what is to be gained from looking for the worst in a human, why abuse people, why hate people ?
    If anyone can come up with a good reason for any of them I may change the way I live but at 41 I am sure I would have come across something by now.

Most people who post on the forum and continue to post who have initially asked for advice are given that advice are thankful for it - Why are you the exception to the rule? Why is it everybody else's fault but not yours when invariably your posts create more friction than any other posters?

It appears that relative to most of us on here you are fabulously wealthy, have the perfect family, have the ears of many rich and famous people and drive the most expensive cars. You are also not at a loss to explain how altruistic you are in comparison to the mean spirit shown by the posters on Bike radar.

I am genuinely interested as to why you spend so much time on Bike Radar. You are apparently are in a very unique position where you have everything that most people dream of. If you truly have the ear of the rich, famous and the powerful, then you are in position to influence society in a very positive way. Instead, you choose out of boredom to rile people you don't know on the internet and who probably don't have your considerable attributes.
    That makes you a very disappointing person if you choose to behave like an internet troll - most internet trolls usually have underlining issues and personal issues which explains their behaviour - you apparently don't.

If you believe you are right at all times when you post on here and believe that bike radar posters suffer an inferiority complex when responding to you, then don't post here. I am sure there are millions of unfortunates out there who would benefit from your greater wisdom.
  • VTech
    I guess it comes down to perception, or in the most lies.
    You see, I've never said I have a perfect life, the truth is I have plenty of money but that doesn't mean I'm happy. I was truly happy when I had nothing and was fighting to pay the mortgage.
    I wouldn't consider myself an internet troll and that is one thing that does offend me simply because I don't go out to offend anyone, the truth is that I upset a few people here and as with many walks of life, the lemmings followed them even without knowing the reasons why.

I don't have the ear of the rich and famous, I simply work for people who are rich and some are indeed famous.
    I help anyone I can, I've never turned my back on a friend so I'm happy with that but like everyone, we all have our problems. My major issue is speaking my mind, I've never been able to stop myself.
    Living MY dream.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Okay, I accept that you haven't chosen to offend people, however, it appears that you've rubbed a number of posters up the wrong way and I will accept that there will be number of WUMs who follow up. It would appear some posters are very slow to forget, so why bother to post again to continue the cycle of pointless friction. Alternatively, If you not afraid to speak your mind then nothing should stop you posting anything to do with cycling matters - your opinion is as valid as anyone else.

By all means state on a cycling forum that cyclists are ripped off - by the same token I would say the price of purchase of some supercars is utterly extortionate - I am not sure I would say that on Pistonheads!
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    As an occasional poster and avid reader, I would like to say how much I enjoy these threads where vtech is involved. vtech, I've never met somebody so confident in all my life and I admire you for that. Well, I used to study with someone with similar confidence but I assumed he was either aspergers and therefore a condition too complex for me to judge, or he was full of shit. So I enjoy your positive if slightly brash outlook on life. It's also clear that some people on here will be eager to jump on you because you're different while many may have different priorities in life and so one has to respect that as well. My point is that while we're all like 3 little fonzies, cool, and can give and take the craic in the spirit it's meant, then these threads will continue to be great fun. sure it goes without saying that the audience for my post is wider than just vtech. :D As you were ladies...