Sram x9 shifter clamps.

carl1983
carl1983 Posts: 162
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Just bought some x9 shifters off ebay and now realised they don't come with the clamps! I have tried to search for some but can't find any at a resonable price! Chain reaction have sold out and ebay onlycomes up with silver when I really would like black and one seller selling them for £90!!

I have x4 shifters on the bike now does anyone know if the clamps on those will fit?

Thanks.

Comments

• carl1983
    carl1983 Posts: 162
    Well just looked at my x4 shifters and the clamps are built into the shifter!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    There are a number of brake clamps backs that will allow you to fit them. It does depend on the brakes though.

The shifters normally come with clamps. Ask the seller where they are unless you bought cheap off eBay or used.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What brakes have you got?
    If you have AvId then you could use matchmaker clamps to clean up the bar clutter a bit.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Good idea.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: