Socks

philsalliss
philsalliss Posts: 175
edited July 2014 in Road beginners
Nope this isn't a really silly question but is ther much of a differnce in cheap cycling socks over more expensive ones. Reason I ask is because I bought some cheap altura ones and find that after 30 mins or so I get a dull ache in my feet towards the front. Now my cleats were set up during a bike fit but I think they could possibly so with a being moved backwards a few mill but would better socks with some padding/reinforcement around the toes / ball of foot make much of a difference.? Thanks

Comments

• Dippydog2
    Dippydog2 Posts: 291
    Nothing to do with socks. It's a shoe or cleat issue.
  • philsalliss
    philsalliss Posts: 175
    Ok thanks. I had same issue on old pedals which where spd with mountain bike shoes. Shoes now are louis garneu x100 I think they are with look cleats in grey so some float as well, seems strange to get the same pain with two diff shoes. I am quit flat footed but that should cause the issue
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Low cost socks which are great for cycling in:

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/mens/clot ... m1447.html

3 pairs for £10, they last for ages, are left/right shaped and don't hold sweat too much. Loads of colours meaning you can easily identify your socks amongst the washing.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Custom insoles might be worth thinking about
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    I don't seem to get on with some cycling socks, a sort of feels like something is in my shoe type feeling after a few miles.

Normal socks are absolutely fine.