Fsa gossamer pro with 105 bb

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Anyone know if a shimano 105 bb fits a fsa gossamer pro crank with a 24 m&m axel?
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    In theory they should but you tend to get issues with not using the correct FSA BBs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    What kind of issues?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I've done it, it works - you might need to give the crank a firm 'nudge' to get it to seat properly.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • sigorman85
    Yeah it's quite a tight fit

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I'm currently using a Tiagra BB with a Gossamer MegaExo chainset on my CX bike, if that helps. Been using Shimano BBs for ages, no issues. As Monty says, it might need a firm nudge to push the axle through first time, but it works fine once fitted.
  • sigorman85
    Brilliant cheers guys

• Barbarossa
    Barbarossa Posts: 248
    I did it once, worked fine. I wouldn't do it again though as taking the chainset off again required more 'persuasion' than I was comfortable with.
  • sigorman85
    Yeah I had to use a heavy rubber mallet to get it in and out bit it's ok for now will see what it's like when it needs a tweek