Miche primato hub question

natsnoz
natsnoz Posts: 235
edited September 2014 in Workshop
There is movement laterally, are there such things as cones that need to be tightened as in olden years?!
Plus i want too regrease bearings, is it something a heathen can do, bearing(no pun intended) in mind im average at best at reairs?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    There is a red preload nut... you undo the 2 mm allen key, tighten the thing and lock the allen Key.

All you need to know is here

http://paolocoppo.drupalgardens.com/con ... i-rear-hub
    left the forum March 2023
  • natsnoz
    natsnoz Posts: 235
    Thank you as always.
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    Ugo, what you're missing is a full strip down and rebuild video (of the hubs!)

Would be most informative if you had some spare time :)
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    no video needed. Use two 5mm allen keys and the hub is apart in less than a minute. Locknuts are on a reverse thread FYI. If you need a video to do that you are not capable of doing it (any human with hands is capable btw)
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • patrickf wrote:
    Ugo, what you're missing is a full strip down and rebuild video (of the hubs!)

Would be most informative if you had some spare time :)

That would be fab, I've just got a set of these hubs and can't find a video on u-tube. If not you Ugo - Would it interest cycleclinic to make a vid as I see you sell hub spares on your eBay shop - might encourage people to buy and work on the hubs themselves if there was a video guide?

Post crossed with yours cycleclinic - But I'll submit anyway as I was thinking a video of strip down bearings replacement and freehub removed grease and refit.
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    no video needed. Use two 5mm allen keys and the hub is apart in less than a minute. Locknuts are on a reverse thread FYI. If you need a video to do that you are not capable of doing it (any human with hands is capable btw)
    True enough, I'm happy enough taking apart most hubs to clean/regrease. I'm never quite sure how to drift the bearings out though as I've never actually attempted this.

Also, as you've said in other posts, the bearings that come in the hubs are pretty good and I've had exactly 0 problems so far.
  • Yeah - I just bought a set of wheels with Miche Primato hubs (Campy) but I need a Shimano freehub, and need to remove Campy version and replace with Shimano.
    A video would be most helpful...
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    It's seriously not that difficult. I really can't see why you'd need a video. Use two 5mm allen keys and you'll have it stripped in minutes, it's very intuitive once you get going.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”