En Suite bathrooms/Work-time evacuations

2»

Comments

• contented
    contented Posts: 83
    bg13 wrote:
    Personally I find it more satisfying to have my daily poo at work so that I get paid for it.

+ potato.

Definitely feel robbed if i poo at home!

My first lesson on the first day of my apprenticeship was to always take a dump on the clock every day.

By crikey that takes me back, that's what they told me too!
    Was even better for me, as a young smoker still living with his parents, I'd never experienced the pleasure of pulling down my overalls and having ciggies whilst sliding one out, all on company time at a princely £1.32 an hour. That's a combination of joys that I greatly miss. By the time I'd finished my apprenticeship, you couldn't smoke anywhere in the building so it's a feeling the whipper snappers these days can't match. Especially since they knocked down the factory and built some houses.

Must seem weird to the young uns that you could smoke pretty much anywhere while you worked, kind of makes me feel old remembering that. Makes me feel even older that I'd spent the better part of my 4 years installing stuff into what is now a fairly crap, though affordable, housing estate.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Contented wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Personally I find it more satisfying to have my daily poo at work so that I get paid for it.

+ potato.

My first lesson on the first day of my apprenticeship was to always take a dump on the clock every day.

Was even better for me, as a young smoker still living with his parents, I'd never experienced the pleasure of pulling down my overalls and having ciggies whilst sliding one out, all on company time at a princely £1.32 an hour. That's a combination of joys that I greatly miss. By the time I'd finished my apprenticeship, you couldn't smoke anywhere in the building so it's a feeling the whipper snappers these days can't match. Especially since they knocked down the factory and built some houses.

Must seem weird to the young uns that you could smoke pretty much anywhere while you worked, kind of makes me feel old remembering that. Makes me feel even older that I'd spent the better part of my 4 years installing stuff into what is now a fairly crap, though affordable, housing estate.

The factory I did my apprenticeship in is now a housing estate as well. Were you taught that valuable lesson by a deviant called Herman as well?
    They don't do proper apprenticeships any more. They get three years where I am now and spend six months in each department and finish the apprenticeship knowing c0ck all about anything (such as when to take a dump). I think the old 4 year, trade specific apprenticeship was sort of like a practical, hands on degree course with added abuse (various, physical mostly). Proper education.
  • contented
    Contented wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

+ potato.

The factory I did my apprenticeship in is now a housing estate as well. Were you taught that valuable lesson by a deviant called Herman as well?
    They don't do proper apprenticeships any more. They get three years where I am now and spend six months in each department and finish the apprenticeship knowing c0ck all about anything (such as when to take a dump). I think the old 4 year, trade specific apprenticeship was sort of like a practical, hands on degree course with added abuse (various, physical mostly). Proper education.

Was a fella called gordon that imparted his wise words upon me. He also told me on that on my wedding night, instead of getting my end away in the traditional fashion, I should beat my wife soundly with a lump of chain..... 'Then nipper, in all those years you're together, if she gives you any trouble, you just rattle that chain'
    Charming chap he was.
    Taught me something else too, he worked every hour there was, and our trade was heavy electrical installation - physical stuff. He worked weekends, he chased overtime and because then you could have money instead of time off, he never took a holiday. He worked for the firm since leaving school at 15, and boasted of his pension pot into which he put all his money. I forget the actual amount but it was big, an incredible amount for anyone not least a humble electrician. He got a bonus when they offered him early retirement, extra cash for his pot and the option to start drawing it early. He got drew one monthly payment and promptly died. Heart attack as I recall.
    Not a mistake I'm making, as my bank manager can wearily attest.

Lesson for us all there, not many people on their death beds turn around and say they wish they'd have done a few more hours at work.

As for these new apprenticeships, I'm with you there. No initiations, no going to the shop on errands and it seems beneath them to sweep up. Lil gits. Thankfully, I'm a stay at home dad so I have none of these frustrations.
    Hardest part of my day is choosing between Columbo or Judge Judy. I've certainly learned from old Gordon's mistake :D
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I remember a bloke like that. One lunch time he read in the paper that some bloke topped himself at the local quarry on a Saturday morning by jumping in a crusher. Jim's first thought was f@#k me, time and a half and he didn't even finish his shift. What a tw@.
  • contented
    I remember a bloke like that. One lunch time he read in the paper that some bloke topped himself at the local quarry on a Saturday morning by jumping in a crusher. Jim's first thought was f@#k me, time and a half and he didn't even finish his shift. What a tw@.

Ha! Sounds like he'd get on with old Gordon just fine. Pretty grim way to go that, I know of someone who survived something similar believe it or believe it not. Accidental though.
    Don't know how I want to go, and even less sure how it relates to the original post topic, but it'll involve a decent scotch, some sausages, a mars ice cream bar and an impressionable beauty.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I think I'd rather smoking was still permitted in the lavs at my office. It might mask some of the horrors in there. Animals!

Speaking of turning out on the clock - I had the dreaded urge just before I left for work today. I knew i wouldn't be able to sit on it for half an hr in the car so begrudgingly did the deed at home. My week is off to a bad start.