giant warranty

chatlow
chatlow Posts: 845
edited June 2014 in Road general
Have a Giant TCR advanced, barely been ridden but now has a small crack on the seat tube. Been told it is covered by warranty. Would this usually mean that the dismantling, courier to giant and reassembling of parts to new frame would be covered by warranty as well? Taking it to lbs who are happy to deal with Giant next week, but if it costs close to what a repair would then I might not bother..

Comments

• dnwhite88
    dnwhite88 Posts: 285
    Your contract is with the seller, simply return the bike as you bought it, as you would with any other item you bought that developed a fault, what happens to it after that is nothing to do with you.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • chatlow
    chatlow Posts: 845
    This is what I thought - until I spoke with Tredz earlier and they said any Giant retailer can process the warranty claim as long as you have the receipt and you're the original purchaser. Will go back to the bike shop I bought it from but strange that Tredz would do it as well
  • dnwhite88
    dnwhite88 Posts: 285
    If other giant retailers are happy to process the warranty claim then fine, but you shouldn't have to pay a penny. Don't strip the frame down, just bring it as is and leave it with them.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"