Root Cause to my wheel issue

terryhughes
terryhughes Posts: 62
edited June 2014 in Road general
Hello, I have posted a couple of times about my wheel getting bucked and got a few views. I got a couple of replacement wheels which sorted my problem but I am doing around 70 miles a week (3 long rides) and my wheel is getting a slight buckle again.

I have been trueing it myself b tightening spokes (3 times now). Anyway today whilst on the phone I was stood next to my bike and started pulling the back break out of boredom. On doing this I noticed the wheel was moving.

It seems to me the caliper is not centered. Video I put on you tube shows it http://youtu.be/-B0O3sRJ2Js

Could this be the cause of my wheel problem?

Comments

• Just to add, I put the 28mm Tyres on there and lowered the psi to 90 to give the wheel more protection.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    You can centre the caliper yourself.

There should be a small allen bolt on top of the black caliper - turn that half a rev one way or the other and the whole caliper will move.

I doubt its the problem though.

I've looked up your other post. You're not the average sized rider so the wheels that do the average rider won't last as long for you.

Get some 36 spoke handbuilt wheels from a decent builder and you'll be fine.