Garmin Edge 800 - turn-by-turn

alpineaddict
alpineaddict Posts: 247
edited June 2014 in Road general
I know there are a few Garmin 800 threads on here but all seem to be for different reasons to the one I need an answer to...

I've been off the bike for a while due to injury and now starting again... Loaded up some new routes but my Garmin has stopped the turn-by-turn instructions...

When I used to use it, I am positive it guided me by beeping and counting down, to the mm, where I needed to turn each time... Now all I get is it telling me when I have completed my route (I'm testing it on a route I know to try and get it working)...

Am I downloading the wrong file to my Garmin? Should I download a TCX Course, GPX Route, or GPX Track...??? I really can't recall the best option?

I also seem to recall a setting on the 800 where you could select turn-by-turn guidance to be on... but can I find it???? Although I swear the issue still happened even with this on...

Any advice would be 'really' appreciated as this is driving me nuts and I frequently ride in the purbecks and Dorset where I have zero idea of where I'm going... so really need this...

Thx in advance folks...

Comments