Which bike for £2k to £2.4k?

Thestevep
Thestevep Posts: 6
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
I am looking for a new bike for maximum £2.4k, looking for something relatively fast and comfortable, i enjoy going out for a quick 10 to 30 miles as much as 80+? I have been looking at the Trek Domane 4.7 and others like it. Are there others that give more for the money?
thanks

Comments

• Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Scott Addict Ultegra retails at £2799 but if you look around you might get one for £2400....try Ilkley Cycles...
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Scott foil di2 from Westbrooks, nice wheels and finishing kit of your choice?
  • Thestevep
    Scott Addict Ultegra retails at £2799 but if you look around you might get one for £2400....try Ilkley Cycles...
    I looked at this after seeing another thread, it looks like a lovely piece of kit and certainly ticks the "fast" box, but reading reviews it sounds like it is extremely stiff and might not give the comfort I'd like when on the long haul.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Preferably one with round wheels ;)
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    What bike do you have at the moment?
  • Thestevep
    I am riding a 2008 giant tcr advanved 3, I bought it knowing very little about road bikes and although its a great bike, its too small for me and gives me some pains when I head out on longer rides.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    What about some of the Ribble or Dolan bikes? You could probably get a more relaxed geometry with Ultegra and some deep section Mavics for that kind of money and probably some left over.
  • Thestevep
    Thanks, will have a look at ribble. The cannondale supersix is looking rather nice though. Good reviews too.
  • string78
    string78 Posts: 59
    The Foil or Rose Xeon CRS 4000 would be on my list.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Felt AR4 for me. The Scott Foil deal at Westbrooks is very hard to ignore though.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535

Stunning bike, great kit and price, awesome. if there were my size in stock, it would be mine
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Thestevep
    I do like the look of the cannondale supersix evo red. They also have the supersix evo ultegra di2 for the same price. Any reason to go for one over the other? Other than the circa 500g weight difference?
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Thestevep wrote:
    I do like the look of the cannondale supersix evo red. They also have the supersix evo ultegra di2 for the same price. Any reason to go for one over the other? Other than the circa 500g weight difference?

Di2 is electronic gearing, whereas SRAM Red is mechanical. Also, SRAM uses the double-tap shifting system.
  • thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    Wilier GTR ultegra?
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/product- ... id360.html

They do a full build with 1400g wheels for £2200
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Ive got the Domane 4.7, love it, it makes me want to go out on the horrible days.
    If you shop around you can get it below the list price, that will free up some budget for a set of Mavic's :wink:

The only arse about the Domane is its white, so its an arse to keep clean :twisted: I changed my bar tape to black to rid the grubby tape look.