Giro Attack Shield

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Just been out for first ride in one of these; works a treat; very comfy helmet, with good ventilation, that eliminates an age old problem of mine; wearing sunglasses.

I've never liked wearing them as you can see the frames, they dip on my nose, and fog up if going slowly. I've tried quite a variety, and never really quite found ones that work well.

The 'shield' or visor gives you UV protection, bug / projectile protection, with none of the downsides of glasses. And if it rains or you want shot of it, you just pull it off (held on by magnets) and stow it upside down, out of the way.

It's less noisy than my Sworks Prevail, which must surely mean less turbulence / drag.

And cherry on top, I no longer have to worry about bees and wasps in my vents, stinging me, as they can't get into the Attack!

I know the looks are a bit Marmite, but I quite like it. After all, when else do you get to dress up like a super hero and ride around?

Comments

• ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    On TdF Giro is going with some new model,maybe a "better" version of Attack.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I'm not sure about the "styling" personally.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm thinking there could be a market for winter helmets. Less vents and with visors to keep the rain off.

My main worry about getting the Giro Shield thing is - what do I do at a sunny cake stop ??
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    cougie wrote:
    I'm thinking there could be a market for winter helmets. Less vents and with visors to keep the rain off.

My main worry about getting the Giro Shield thing is - what do I do at a sunny cake stop ??

if you glue a magnetic strip to your forehead, you could enjoy your cake in the sun with the Shield covering your face......